kisses

012, KISSES

+

Annie Leonhart and Reiner Braun walked out of the warehouse, their faces clear as day against the shadows of the night. The knots in your stomach tightened as you noticed their familiar faces.

You hadn't had a chance to get to know Annie too well, but Reiner on the other hand had been someone you had been around for the past few days. You had noticed the way he looked at Historia, his gaze filled with want and the way he would talk to all of his so-called friends with kindness and genuine adoration.

You let out a huff of air that you didn't know you we're holding in and glanced at Armin and Hange who both looked as shocked as you did. "This doesn't prove anything, right? I mean they could have just been checking up on something?"

Armin looked up at you, his blue eyes wide with something between fear and regret. "That warehouse is completly off limits to anyone but Hange, Levi and I." I raised an eyebrow, silently asking Armin to elaborate. "It holds the main electrical system and generator, as well as all of our road maps and private plans."

Your shoulders slouched in defeat, they had been right under everyones nose. Your heart ached at the thought of everyone- especially Eren- learning the truth. That their own two friends had most likely been coluding with the Warriors.

Biting down on your lower lip, you turned your head to look out the window of the room, which overlooked the bottom floor. Bodies littered the ground like trash, and only a few more stood, including Eren and Mikasa who looked as if they hadn't even broken a sweat.

As you looked out the window, you couldn't help but feel a sense of dread and sadness wash over you. The situation was dire and it seemed like everything was falling apart. You couldn't believe that two people you had spent time with and maybe even considered friends, could be capable of such betrayal.

You turned back to Armin and Hange, hoping they had some sort of plan or idea for handling the situation. Hange had a determined look on her face, but Armin seemed lost in thought.

"We need to figure out what their next move is," Hange spoke up. "We can't let them get away with this."

Armin nodded in agreement. "We also need to make sure that Eren and Mikasa are safe. We don't know what Annie and Reiner are planning, but we can't take any chances."

As if on cue, the door of the office burst open, revealing a panting Eren and Mikasa. They seemed fine at first, but as you looked closer, you noticed their injuries. Mikasa had cuts on her arms and was limping, wincing as she sat on the sofa. Eren had a busted lip and a bruise forming in the same area.

Eren dropped down onto the couch beside Mikasa, leaning his head back and letting out a groan. "I fucking hated that." He muttered, leaning his head so he was now looking at Mikasa. His expresion contridicted his statement, he smiled wildly his eyes glimmering with excitement. He had never looked more alive.

As if he felt your stare, his eyes wandered over to you and you quickly steered your attention towards the first aid kit which was placed on the table. You quickly grabbed it and walked over to Mikasa and Eren, crouching infront of Mikasa first and checking her foot out.

She hissed slightly as you applied pressure on it. "Fuck." She grumbled, her eyes met yours and she grimaced. "It's sprained?"

You nodded your head. "Definitely. It might even be a hairline fracture from how it's swelling up." You pulled out the gauze dressing and quickly began to wrap it around her foot like you had been taught. Your mother was adamant that you knew how to do first aid, she was a doctor after all.

You finished up and started on her arms, cleaning the cuts and bandaging them up. You made sure to check her hands, her knuckles were bruised black and blue and had dried blood on them, which from the looks of it wasn't her's.

Once you were done with her, she stood up, thanking you with a stiff smile. She made her way over to the others, leaving you alone with Eren.

You adjusted yourself onto the couch, sitting so you were facing him. You grabbed his hands and pulled them onto your thighs so you could examine them more carefully. Noticing a few cuts, you quickly wiped them clean and patched them up. His hands rested on your thighs as if they had always belonged there. You felt your back heat up.

Eren's eyes were watching you carefully, analyzing you as you worked on the cuts on his arm. The only thing left was his lip. You scooted over so you were sitting closer to him. Your legs touched his and his hands gripped your hips slightly steadying you as you began to clean up the wound. He flinched ever so slightly when the alcohol made contact with the cut, but his eyes remained open, watching you intensely.

Thankfully the cut wasn't too bad and didn't require stitches, which while you knew how to do them- you weren't exactly fond of.

You finished up and smiled at him softly. "All done." He smiled back ever so slightly, before glancing over your shoulder to check on the others. In an instant Eren looked back and leaned towards you, placing his head against the crotch of your neck. His grip tightened on your hips, pulling you towards him so you were not practically seated on top of him.

You felt your stomach burst with butterflies as his lips brushed against your collarbone ever so slightly.

"The other's are gonna see us Eren." You whispered frantically, your hands resting on his shoulders.

"They aren't paying attention." He muttered as he placed a small, delicate kiss on your shoulder. "Thank you."

You looked at him, confused. "For what?"

He shrugged slightly, pulling away from you so he could see your face. "Everything?"

You nodded slightly, tucking a strand of his hair behind his ear. "Glad I could help."

Eren released his hands from your hip and you stood up, nodding your head towards the others. A frown settled onto your face as the memories of the recording flooded into your mind.

You walked over, Eren following closely behind you. He stood directly behind you, his chest pressed to your back as he looked over at Armin's laptop screen.

You glanced upwards and a pang of unexplainable guilt swallowed you whole as you watched Eren register what exactly he was watching. He moved away from you and took a seat on one of the chairs, his head falling into his hands.

"You have got to be fucking kidding me." He mumbled, running his hands through his hair. "Annie and Reiner?"

Armin nodded firmly, a grim expression on his face. "I'll have to reach out to Onyankapon to confirm, but as of right now, I've already sent out the message to the others. We've found our traitors."

a/n 

lol.

I'll have another update out today or sometime this weekend :)

- star <3

Word count: 1211