15 - The Arrival Of Wisdom

Zeus sat on the bed, a grimace lining his face. He was lost in thought, finally away from Hera's hounding for once. He was able to slip out to get some peace and quiet from all of her questioning.

Because of that damn prophecy that Oracle spoke about, she kept interrogating him. And she never stopped! It's never been this bad before.

Damn it.

How frustrating it was. But it couldn't be true.

When he was born, it was foretold that he and his siblings would bring the end to his father. And that they did, bringing his reign down and taking over as the Olympians.

Then someone had foretold that his descendant would overtake him. That ended up leading to the birth of Athena, who has been nothing except incredible. He wasn't worried about her.

No, he was worried about the prophecy after that. He had taken measures to avoid it. He was sure he had. So it couldn't have a connection to this one. It wasn't possible.

This prophecy would be just like the others. It would never come true.

Zeus was sure of it.

Yes, he is sure of it...

. . .

"It is nice to meet you, Captain Ria." The teenage girl bowed. "Thank you for taking care of my parents."

Ria looked at the teenage girl in surprise. Unknown to her Hilga shared a similar look, while Harold continued to hammer away at his latest project, unamused.

"No, I haven't done that much." Ria smiled. "You can just call me Ria. You are?"

"Ergane." The teenage girl replied.

Hilga sent her a look.

"...However, you may call me Era." She finished.

"Okay, Era." Ria replied.

"Ria. Come here. I need some help." Harold spoke.

"Alright." Ria replied, walking over to Harold.

"My dear daughter, could you come outside and talk with me for a moment?" Hilga asked.

"Of course." Era replied.

The two stepped outside, leaving Harold and Ria alone inside.

"Why have you assumed this form, Athena?" Hilga asked.

"Was it not obvious?" Athena tilted her head in confusion. She looked down at herself. She looked like a standard teenage girl, with the appropriate body proportions to match, such as the small boobs.

She kept her silvery white hair from her usual form, but her hair was styled shortly, tied as a bun in the back, along with a change in the eyes to purple.

"No, honestly, it wasn't." Hilga replied. "I was not ready for you to suddenly appear and pretend to be my daughter."

"I deemed it would be the most successful way to keep an eye upon the three." Athena, now going by Era, explained with a blank face. "By placing myself in the same age group I am able to better make connections with them. By getting along with the Captain first, I should be able to join them and properly observe them."