58 - Take Back Your Soul

The other version of herself barked out a laugh, but contrary to the action their face was filled with annoyance and anger.

"Do you really think you can beat me?" The fake Pythia spread her arms out, wearing a smile but with a furious glare. "I am a being of insurmountable power."

"I am sure you are. But this is my mind. My soul." Pythia spoke, closing her eyes as she blissfully smiled, bringing her hands up in a formation similar to a prayer.

She focused, moving her palms away from each other as something golden started to form inbetween them. In her hands materialized a familiar golden spear.

Nikolas' spear.

She spun it around with familiarity, before pointing it towards the fake version of herself. The fake version rolled her eyes with a growl, extending her arms as two chain sickles appeared in each hand.

And then she rushed forwards.

. . .

The floating Pythia's attention seemed to be wavering. She was starting to become unfocused, her arms slightly dropping as the intensity of the golden rings flying around started to diminish.

Melinoe slammed her sword into one, sending in flying towards Artemis. Artemis caught it with her spear, spinning it around as Nikolas batted away the other golden ring.

It rushed towards Apollo and Bellerophon, who both brought up their swords to push back the golden ring, sending it flying once more, this time towards Artemis

Artemis grunted as she still spun the ring, before finally throwing the ring forwards. It sped through the air, crashing into the other one. Instead of dodging when they had gotten too close like before, they actually hit this time.

For whatever reason the floating Pythia was getting distracted for, it kept her from doing the complex movements with the rings like she had before.

The two golden rings clashed against each other, grinding and sparking as each tried to go in one direction. After a few seconds of this stalemate they exploded, seemingly disappearing from existence once the dust faded.

"So you do care for her." Artemis spoke now that the immediate threat of the golden rings was gone.

Apollo simply huffed, crossing his arms. "She is my oracle. I don't approve of whatever is going on with her."

Apollo sent a glare at Nikolas, before he sighed and his gaze softened up. "But you don't know what this is, do you?"

"No." Nikolas shook his head. "But it is not her."

"I know that much." Apollo replied.

The floating Pythia let out a bloodcurdling scream, gripping at her head. Her face was filled with pain and anguish as she started to writhe in the air.

"What the?!" Athena gasped as she ran into the arena, followed by Ria who had returned with her.

"Do you know what's going on?" Melinoe uneasily asked, glancing towards the floating form of Pythia.

Athena gazed at the sight, a deep frown etching itself across her face.

"Possession." Athena immediately spoke. "A higher being somehow infiltrated her soul and took over."