𝟎𝟐 ┆𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄

.𝐿𝑜𝑐𝑘𝑤𝑜𝑜𝑑 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑐𝑜.
.

I looked up at the one of the houses on the row in front of me. Portland row 35. Here I was standing in front of the door with my papers in hand.

I looked at the door bell.

A. J. Lockwood & Co.
Investigators
After dark, ring door bell and
wait beyond the iron line

I rang the doorbell and waited for an answer as I looked around for a second. The sun was halfway down. It would be past curfew in an hour.

A scream from inside was heard and I jumped to the side as the door opened and a girl ran out of the house. "Get that thing away from me", she had screamed from inside the house.

I looked after her disappearing figure. "Thank you for coming!", I heard a male voice yell after the girl and turned around.

The boy was wearing glasses and had dark curly hair. He then looked at me and stiffened. "Sorry about that. There's nothing wrong with this agency, I promise", he shortly smiled and stepped aside to let me in.

He then closed the door behind me gesturing to the room on my left as I was turned towards him once more. I stepped into the room and a boy my age turned around from the fireplace.

Brown hair. Brown eyes. He looked at me then gave me a charming smile walking towards me and holding out his hand for me to take.
"I'm Anthony Lockwood, pleasure to meet you", he smiled and I shook his hand.

"Evie Fleming. The pleasure is all mine", I smiled and I could tell he didn't discover my lie about my last name.

I handed him my papers as we sat down on the couches. He was in front of me as the boy from the door came in with a tablet of tea and biscuits. "Thank you George", Lockwood said smiling at George who sat down in the armchair next to Lockwood.

"You are quite impressing, Evie. All four degrees earned at Fittes and Rotwell. Sight, touch and listening, very well", he mused looking through my papers and George perked up at the mention of me being a listener, seer and having the touch sense.

Lockwood gave George the papers to look over. "George has a bit of the touch too. Not me though, seeing death glows and apparitions is more my thing", he winked.

"Shall we begin with the tests?", he smiled and my smile faltered a little confused by his question.

What tests?