𝟐𝟔 ┆𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

.𝑒𝑥𝑝𝑒𝑟𝑖𝑚𝑒𝑛𝑡.
.

George had already placed equipment on the table in the library where we want to let Lucy do her thing. It was a dumb idea honestly and I already felt worried for something to happen.

Something will happen, something always happens with experiments like this. Lockwood took the ring out of its iron box turning around to Lucy sitting on a chair in front of me.

George had already closed the curtains. I had my arms crossed over my chest standing in the archway of the door.

Lockwood walked towards Lucy placing the ring in her hand. "If she takes any liberties, we're right here okay?", he spoke calmly and she nodded before he walked back next to me crossing his arms as well.

"Be careful", I said with a shaky voice. Lucy looked up at me nodding hesitantly before beginning to close her palm around the ring and closing her eyes.

I could hear the faint groaning and whispering coming from the source in Lucys hand. I unintentionally inched closer towards Lockwood which made him look at me for a brief second before looking back to Lucy.

"It's okay, Annabel", she whispered. "It's safe", she added before taking a breath. I cannot believe she was trying to earn the trust of a type two.

"There's a song playing in the room", Lucy spoke and I gasped as I began to hear the music playing somewhere.

"I can hear it", I mumbled towards Lockwood and she frowned before turning to George who shrugged. "It's an orchestra on vinyl", I whispered completely intrigued by what I was hearing.

"She loves it", Lucy smiles happily. "It's their song", Lucy adds. I feel as if I'm in the room with Annabel and her lover hearing the music and them talking.

I try to get out of the control of the source. I knew where this was going, I knew what was about to happen.

"We need to get her out", I say loud enough for them both to hear making their heads snap towards me in concern. "I can hear everything and I don't know why, but-", I get cut of by Lucy talking.

"She's so happy", Lucy smiles brightly as I hear Annabel laughing in the background. "She loves him", Lucy whispers. Her face changes as I hear the man and Annabel talking.

"She's dancing to the song", I speak before Lucy can fully invested in what I hear now. My body slowly looses itself in the moment.

By the time I realise I can't move I already lost control over my body. My eyes are watching Lucy, but in my head there is Annabel dancing with some man I can't identify.

I watch as Lucy stands up. My mind goes blank for a second before I break free gaining control over my body again as I see her walking towards me.

I look at Lockwood who steps back holding his arms slightly in front of him to keep a distance.

"He wants her, but it's just...", Lucy trails off of her own sentence as she gasps before her eyes shoot open and she is now directly in front of me.

"What is it?", I ask her softly and trying not to break her out to fast.

She looks me dead in the eyes before talking. "He's angry", she whispers. "Jealous", she clarifies for me before her eyes dart around my face in shock.

"She's afraid", Lucy speaks once more looking into my eyes. Her gaze falters as she speaks now no longer happy. "Again", her mood changes like she flipped a switch and she's laughing happily.

I get kinda weirded out by now turning to Lockwood who tries to pull me away, but Lucy grabs my wrist firmly making me look at her in shock.

She begins to caress my cheek softly and I gently grip her wrist trying to pry her hand off of my face before this escalates.

"It's all right", she whispers reassuringly to me seemingly in a haze. I just look at her scarred. I finally pry her hand off of my face but she isn't having any of it.

She tries to touch me again, "he loves me!", she smiles at me not knowing what she's doing at the moment. I shake my head.

She drapes one hand on my neck. "You love me, don't you?", she tries again but I cannot answer her. I turn my head to the side to look at the boys for help, but she turns my head with her hand on my jawline.

"You gave me the ring", she urges as I pry her hand off ones more. "He'd never hurt me. He'd never...", she trails off in a row of whispers.

"We need to stop this. Now!", I hear Lockwood speak firmly to George who seems to be unbothered by Lucys behaviour.

"Look at me. Look at me. Look at me", Lucy whispers again her eyes spitting with love as she turns my head towards her as I had looked away again.

"Let's just see what happens", George speaks and I shake my head.

"I kinda don't want to see what happens next", I whimper as he closes her hands around my neck caressing it softly.

Then with a sudden change of energy she begins to apply pressure on my throat unknowingly doing the same thing Annabel had experienced from the man with her.

"No. Stop", Lucy chokes out as I try to claw at her hands who are squeezing my neck with an inhuman strength. I gasp for air clawing at her hands to get them off my throat.

"Stop. Stop, please!", she cries squeezing down harder than ever and I feel like she's about to break my hyoid bone.

I gasp for air trying to call Lockwoods name but all that I can do is gasping. Lucy squeezes harder again. I can't stop her from doing so as black dots start to appear on the edges of my vision.

My eyes begin to close. "Ow! You're hurting me! Don't", she yelps out as Lockwood grabs her hands trying to pry them off, he can't and he knows it.

"Lucy!", Lockwood urges the redish haired girl as she still tries to crush my wind pipe with her bare hands. I can only hear her cries for help as I begin to loose my balance slightly stumbling back and getting caged by her arms as my back hits the wall.

"Lucy snap out of it!", Lockwood pleads and shouts at George to do something as I begin to close my eyes.

Maybe I get to sleep now. Forever.