05. Trouble in mortal's paradise

Dawn

I swear this girl is a ticket to trouble. Just who in their right mind roams around in something like that? Anyone within five feet of distance could catch the loosely hanging, absolute perfection of sagged curves, and the way the fabric embraces them makes it even more distracting! No wonder the roadside thugs were after her. She has clearly lost her mind!

"Are you kidding me?" I gaped at her, wondering if my apron had done anything to hide the tempting bust of hers, but all I could see was an extra layer of fabric that didn't make much difference. If at all, I had added the cherry on top of the cake… Now that the tie was rounding up on her front, the bulging twos were just a more apparent highlight. Oh God! I wish I had her boobs! I sighed.

"Well, no. Why do you say-" Her voice lowered down, and a fusion of worry and fear laced it. Perhaps she was still processing everything.

"I know just the place for you. Come along!" If I stood right there, I would probably start drooling all over her. Deja Vu. 

I reached for her arm, not waiting for her to complete. I had to go, and I had to take her too. My heartbeat was skyrocketing, my palms were sweating with that petalous wrist in my hand, and I bet she could feel the stickiness. I couldn't help but notice the heat rushing to my cheeks with each step. My breath heaved, warm and heavy, and my legs felt jell-O, as we followed into the lights.

I pushed the doors open to my very workplace once again, the familiar smell of alcohol and pizza filling my nostrils. It wasn’t as crowded as an hour ago. I couldn't help the riot unfolding had I let a girl like April walk into this place wearing that- whatever that is. I turned my head to take her in, only to find her curling her locks around her fingers, and mumbling. Trouble ticket for a reason.

I walked across the hall, entering the kitchen, waiting for my stupid colleagues head to pop up with an equally smug smile. 

“Rivera? Why are you back?” Tony’s head poked from behind a cabinet, his lips were smudged red and the upper two buttons of his shirt popped open.

I frowned at him, refusing to look his way any longer; I walked inside, reaching for April to follow along. 

“You got a problem with it?” I seethed, not taking a minute to be polite.

“Jeez, why are you in such a- Oh my my, look what we got here.” Tony's lips curved into a smirk. That guy can never be upto any good, can he? 

I exhaled heavily, letting go of April’s hand.

“Fuck off Tony. Go suck whoever’s face you were sucking just now.”

He didn’t reply. Not one snarky little comeback, but I didn't miss out on the sharp sound of slap hitting bare skin. Ouch. I turned around; finding April’s lips twisted, as her forehead was creased into a frown and her right hand was still in the air. Tony’s face sported a bright red handprint, his eyes blown wide in shock, and with the embarrassed blush rising on his face, he looked exactly like a clown. I bit my tongue, trying to stifle a laughter, and keep a straight face.

"Easy Missy." I said, and then turned to Tony.

“That’s definitely what you deserve bro.” I muttered under my breath, my lips breaking into a wide grin.

“Impudence!” April squealed angrily before stomping inside the bar. 

“What the fuck just happened?” Tony spoke in a daze. 

"Well, I guess she has a business slapping sense into playboys? You carry on!" 

I laughed hard before slapping his back and running behind April. Charlie was seated on one of the farthest tables in the bar with five bottles of beer lying empty by the chair and one bottle hugged tightly to his chest as he snored heavily. 

When I walked close to April, she was wa

heading towards a random table near the windows. Halfway through, a bulky guy, seemingly in his late twenties groped her ass. April whipped her head around, her hair danced in the air, as she gritted her teeth and once again, her hand was high in the air. Good skills, but definitely not again!

The pair of the guys sitting there laughed boisterously. “Get us more whiskey here baby.” One of them spitted, as I dashed right in time to stop another assault. 

My head swirled, and I had every intention to kick some ass personally, but I was concerned how it would sit with the future of Meth and Cream. I let out a sigh, pulling April behind me before she could create a scene (which would actually be the better thing to do).

“Your order will be served in a bit. Please keep your hands to yourself until then.”

“Dawn! Why would you-”

I turned around, placing a hand over her mouth before she could shriek some more.

 “Not now, Blushie!”

Her eyes widened, almost mirroring mine as I dragged her behind the counter with me.

“God, I can’t believe what a trouble magnet you are!” April sat on one of the bar stools behind the counter, folding her hands over her chest as her lips were pressed together for a pout.

“It’s not my fault that the Gods hate me!” I watched as her eyes welled up.

Seriously!? What did I even say!

I sighed lightly, taking one step towards her and kneeling on the floor in front of her, “It’s ok, I understand you are still shaken. You don’t have to worry anymore, I’ll keep you safe alright and your brother will be here in no time.”

Her soft hands were back in mine. She sniffed once. “What did you call me just now?”

“What?” 

“Blush what?”

“Oh! Blushy! Well that was because you were all pink at that time.”

Her plush red lips broke into a crooked smile as she rubbed her nose. “That’s so lame.”

My heart picked up pace once, warmth flooding my chest as my lips part,“But you are smiling. So it’s not so lame after all.”

“It’s lame.” She laughed, all the tears from her eyes vanishing, “I like lame.”

“Aphrodite!” I fell on my butt hearing the loud call. April in front of me winced, and stood up, looking at the door.

As I stood up, a lanky dude was standing at the entry gate, pulling everyone’s attention on him. Even Charlie woke up with a start, toppling over the bottles by his feet. Quite an entrance, my guy. I wonder if he was another one of the many idiots after her, cause I wouldn't refrain from breaking some bones. And balls.