Sunny

I sit in the abandoned cave with Nova. She's trying to braid her long, black, hair.

"I found them," I sign to her. "The other night. In my dreams I found them." She has a right to know.

She sits up and scoots to the end of her seat. She subconsciously touches one of her scarred ears. I notice she does that when she's nervous. She has a lot of habits when she's nervous.

Sometimes she digs her nails into her hand. Other times she takes the sound processor off simply because she says, "Sound triggers my anxiety," but try's not to make it look urgent.

"Say their names," she signed. "I need to know it's really them."

I take a deep breath before saying them. "May and Keller."

Her breath becomes a bit uneven. I want to add something else, but a loud sound comes from outside the cave.

We've been found.

I grab Nova by the hand- our first physical contact- and try to pull her out of here and to the back entrance. But she stands her ground with a defeated look in her eyes.

"What's wrong?" I ask her. "We gotta go before they-"

"He's not going to leave. He'll find us. May as well go to him."

Who is 'He?' Was this some sorta trap she set for me?

She tugs me out the cave even though I strongly feel we should run. Then I see why she didn't. It was Stark.

He was in his suit or whatever trying to look cool, but he should've kept that mask on. He's growing grey hairs fast.

"Hey, Stark." I say. "So nice to see you again. I'm just gonna leave now. Bye!" I try to get away but he grabs my arm.

"That's not going to work. And you," he turns to Nova. "You should've known better than to come here. You aren't even allowed outside the compound."

I feel like some stranger listening to a father scolding their child. But that sorta what's happening here. Awkward, am I right?

I sit in one of the chairs in what looks like an interrogation room. Turns out Stark installed some sort of spying shit in Nova's necklace.

"So," he starts. "Where the hell are May and Keller?"

I simply roll my eyes.

"Wow. You're like the smartest guy in this universe, right? And you can't find only two people." I chuckle a little. He ignores me.

"You need to tell us. They might be planning something terrible right now and we could stop it if you just talk."

That one gets to me. I don't want something terrible to happen. He better be saying this because it's true and not that he just wants answers.

"They're in the deepest cave in the ocean, with the most dangerous weapon in the multiverse."