VIII

Do fairytales exist

Do fairytales exist...?
A mere whisper
Some voice said
If it did...
The sky would have
never turned grey.......

The moon bathed them with it's glow and the stars gazed down at the love blooming between the two.

However, even the sky cried when it learnt the fate, it cried tears of cold rain and painted itself with ruthless lighting and thunder to express its aching heart.

This was a warning from the heavens, who showed their displeasure to the beings indulging with each other unknown to what their destiny subjected them to.

But just like a moth to a flame, none of them backed down and tried to stay as long as they could, near each other. They drenched in the cold winter rain, while the lighning decorated the dark sky.

Undeterred, they embraced the rain, letting it soak them to the bone. The cold droplets washed over their bodies, as if cleansing their souls, while lightning adorned the dark sky, as if to mirror the turmoil in their hearts.

"It feels good", Taehyung murmured, his eyes closed, as he felt the droplets of rain fall and wash over him.

"Everything does these days", Jeongguk spoke as he looked at those emerald eyes which unfurled open upon hearing his voice.

Taehyung smiled and touched Jeongguk's cheek ever so lightly, a soft graze on his skin. He did not know why he or what led him to do that. All he knew was that this moment felt like forever, he only wished eternal peace.

For Jeongguk, it was something different. He knew what this meant and what this was leading to. Nevertheless, he basked in Taehyung's warm touch as the cold rain blurred his vision. He was enjoying the moment, for the first time in his life, he was not on guard. He was just staying close to the one who felt like home to him..

Days passed surprisingly fast as far as both of them knew.

One day, out of the blue, Taehyung insisted on learning swordsmanship from the crown prince, to his own surprise he agreed. Taehyung never ceased to amuse him. Whenever their hands touched as he angled him, his eyes became crimson and his heart beat became louder than ever.

Taehyung always just giggled and tried to pretend like he did not notice, but his cherry cheeks gave away the hints.

Nothing was more peaceful than this for Taehyung, he was in nine heavens. Maybe this was the fairy tale he always wished to experience. The eternal happiness.

On the other hand, Jeongguk was  well aware of his plans and actions. He had nearly achieved the goal he visited Xilan to complete. So the day when he was supposed to head back to Pedishah was near. This was unpleasant to him but inevitable as he consoled himself every night before going to sleep.

One day, Jeongguk was riding Sieg back from the city, when he noticed a mesmerizing field filled with lavenders, those beautiful creations gently swayed with every breeze.
He decided to get off and bring some back with him.

Upon reaching the niché, he noticed Taehyung sitting on the banks of a rill, his feet dangling in the cold laminar waters.

His face lit up as he noticed Jeongguk come towards him, he waved his hand and motioned him to come as well. So Jeongguk did and gifted him those beautiful flowers, making those amber eye shimmer.

Nonetheless , Jeongguk was wrong about one thing, those flowers were not as mesmerizing as Taehyung's pearly white smile. The enchanting smile which  made him pathetically hope, for once, that he could as well find a fairy tale for himself.

The mere hope, made him enchanted.......  

But heart wrenchingly, life is not a fairytale....

At last the inevitable happened, Jeongguk had to leave Xilan. Imperial orders demanded his immediate return to Pedishah.

Absentmindedly, He was sitting in his cabin as the sound of rain falling onto the tent reached his ears. The storm inside his mind was as fierce as the one outside the cabin.

Sitting alone in his cabin, rain pattering on the tent, Jeongguk's mind was consumed by a tempest. The storm within mirrored the tempest outside, and he struggled to make sense of what awaited him.

For once, he had made up his mind, he will make sure Taehyung accompanies him back to Pedishah...So that he could explain every bit to him carefully not to break his heart, to try to help his pathetic self be joyful.

Suddenly, the violet curtains flung open and Jimin came rushing towards him with drenched clothes, breathless while his arm dripped with scarlet beads of blood.

The storm was washing over the mountains and the trees were harshly jolting against the cruel wind.

" General Yoongi!", He let out and coughed up blood, Jimin was poisoned.

"What happened! Where is he?!", Jeongguk rushed up and hastily moved towards him, the young commander painfully spoke, "we have b-been caught by the King, I was a-ambushed while i was coming back to the camp.... the last p-person we met was T-Taehyung".

Jeongguk's mind went blank, his thoughts paralyzed. Amidst the storm, he grasped only one truth—Taehyung had betrayed him.

______________________________________

Author

Thankyou for reading!

Revenge is stronger than love, is it not?

sorry for the short chapter!

Happy 450 reads!

like and comment!