Chapter 3

There he was, walking towards our table, the guy I saw at the beach a few minutes ago. He was all dry and sporting a pair of gray shorts with a black marina and a small white towel flung around his neck.

Reaching up to the table, he paused for a moment and looked at me before sitting down beside Malik.

"Hello," he greeted me before turning to face Malik.

I wonder if he recognizes me?

"Uh- hi," I greeted back my voice almost breaking. My stomach churned at the sound of his appealing tone. His voice was deep, but not that deep but still enough to make my stomach roll over. My body began to heat up at his presence.

Every single bit of insecurity I ever had flooded my mind as I sat opposite of him. Luckily my sand crusted feet were hidden under the table well out of his view. Tyler already pointed them out and I couldn't stomach the thought of this handsome new face seeing them.

"Where's Ava?" He asked casually.

"I don't know. Put her on a lease or something," Tyler said with a snicker.

He glared at Tyler for a while.

"What?" Tyler asked with a glint of mischief in his eyes.

I used this opportunity to roam my eyes across his incredibly beautiful side profile. From his thick, beautiful, long lashes to his small, full, cherry-coloured lips.

How is this legal? My lashes aren't even that long!

His jawline was greatly sculpted and the small mole on the side of his neck was quite appealing and a little tempting, I might say.

"Relax Jaxon," Tyler said.

A sudden silence filled the air. Malik was now working his fingers on his phone and Tyler was chilled back staring out at the sea while chewing on his straw. I scratched the back of my neck nervously looking around.

Gosh he's so cute!

Act natural.

"So...you like surfing too?" I asked casually.

My heart pounded in my chest the moment his eyes made contact with mine. Those gorgeous hazel eyes shimmered at me.

"Uhh, yeah," he replied. "It's kinda my thing."

His voice... ugh!

"You're really good at it," I spoke as butterflies tickled the walls of my stomach.

"Thank you," he replied giving me a weird look.

Damn, I must sound like a stalker.

"It's my pleasure," I smiled enthusiastically.

He gave me one final look before pulling out his phone.

My pleasure?

Seriously Maya?!

He's obviously not interested Maya. Stop being such a weirdo.

Feeling a little out of placed I stood up taking my empty cup with me before stepping out of my seat. It was getting late and not to mention chillier by the minute, and I didn't really see the reason why I was here for much further.

"It's getting late. My parent's won't be happy if I stay out too long," I said.

Tyler sat up and shot his eyes in my direction.

"I figured," he said tucking his chewed straw into his shorts pocket.

"I'll escort you," he said getting up from his chair.

I gave one final look to the boys. Malik smiled shyly while Jaxon gave a little nod.

Tyler leaped infront of me and lead me out of the shack. The air on the outside had gotten a lot more chilly since I went inside the shack an hour ago.

"Be safe now," Tyler said nudging me. "I mean, I can follow you if you're a scariedy cat," he teased.

"I'm sure I can manage. My home's a stone throw away," I chuckled before waving him goodbye.

****

"Mom? Dad? I'm home," I hollered as I walked into the minimalistic living room.

The sound of the radio met my ears and the sweet smell of blueberry muffins flew up my nostrils. I inhaled deeply taking in the delicious scent. I sprinted to the kitchen shifting objects in my track. My mom had just sat the muffins on the cooling rack.

"My favourite," I smiled resting my self on the stool beside the counter.

"Your dad's favourite too," she said giving me a heartwarming smile.

Her pleasant face lit up the room. Her delicate features made it difficult to point her out from a set of females in their early twenties. Mom hasn't aged a bit since twenty. Her beauty is immeasurable. My dad wasn't lying when he said he married the most beautiful woman in the world.

"Where's dad?" I asked.

"He's running a bit late. He received an emergency call a few minutes before his shift ended. Attempt robbery at a nearby neighbourhood, " she reported.

"How dreadful!" I remarked.

"How was your evening, sweetie?" She asked as she started to clean up.

My mind went back to the guy I saw at the beach, Jaxon. A smile played on my lips as a vivid image of him popped into my mind.

"It was amazing," I smiled broadly.

"I can see that," she said looking at me.

"I met some new friends."

"That's great! Your dad and I were a bit worried about you making new friends all over again."

"You don't have to worry, mom. I'm not that shy anymore," I assured.

"I know, sweetie," she said walking up to me. "I'm proud of you."

She patted me gently on my shoulder before kissing my forehead.

"Remember that time in third grade when you hid from your dad and I because Terese invited you over for a playdate with her daughter?" Mom chuckled reminiscing on the past.

"Mom, Teresa's mean," I drawled.

"Aww come on, she wasn't that bad," she defended. "I will admit that she was a bit spoiled, however," she went on.

"A bit?!" I exasperated.

Mom laughed at how dramatic I spoke.

"To tell you the truth I was happy when I heard she was moving away. I hope she finally learns how to be nice," I said.

Mom laughed and went back to cleaning. I hopped off the stool and made my way upstairs to my room. I stashed away my already folded laundry into their respective drawers and headed to the bathroom to wash off a long day.

------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for taking the time out to read my book. I really hope you're enjoying it. Chapter 4 coming up!