chapter 25

"trevor, open your door!" jack yelled outside of trevor and cole's room. jack knew exactly where he was because he heard a door slam not too long after he sent that message.

trevor fired back, "i really don't want to talk to you!"

jack could hear the frustration in trevor's voice and sighed, "please let me just explain. it's really not what you think."

there was some movement coming from the other side of the door. jack heard footsteps approaching and took a couple steps back. the door slightly opened to reveal trevor's head poking out. he was visibly upset and hurt.

"come in," trevor muttered. he opened the door wider to let jack in. trevor closed the door and proceeded to sit back on his bed. jack remained standing by the door, unsure of what to do in this situation. trevor and jack had never been mad at each other not like this at least.

the two stared at each other until trevor broke the silence, "well, go ahead and explain yourself." trevor crossed his arms.

"so i liked tori when i was younger—" jack started but trevor caught him off.

trevor put his hand up for jack to stop talking and said, "i've heard enough."

"trevor, you can't just dismiss me like that. you have no idea what happened. you can ask luke and quinn and they will gladly back me up and tell you nothing happened," jack tried saying calmly but started to raise his voice towards the end.

trevor shot back, "then why didn't you tell me or anyone in the first place?"

"do you know how embarrassing it is to admit to a group of guys that you got rejected by a girl?" jack yelled.

trevor's eyes got wide. he was not expecting that. when jack had admitted that he was the one who went to quinn, he had assumed that tori and jack had dated. trevor's mind went to the worst things imaginable, for him at least. trevor whispered, "wait, she said no?"

jack rolled his eyes, "yes, trevor, she said no. she had no interest in me. i was going to tell you that, but you cut me off. when i said nothing happened, i legitimately meant nothing happened. i had a crush on her for the longest time and decided to make a move, but clearly that did not end up in my favor. and actually, quinn never wanted me to in the first place."

trevor put his hands on his temple. there was so much going through his head. he had so many questions he wanted answered. "hold on, let me get this straight. you asked quinn if you could date her and he said no. so you went against his wishes and asked tori anyways and then she rejected you?" trevor needed clarification.

jack nodded his head and said, "yeah, pretty much. quinn was looking out for the both of us. he knew tori had no interest in me and didn't want to see me get hurt. he knew i was going to react badly and was also trying to spare tori's feelings in the process."

it's like everything finally clicked for trevor. "so, you're the reason why she thinks she's going to hurt me?" trevor had fire back in his eyes. the once calm trevor was gone again.

jack noticed this especially when trevor got up from his bed, heading towards jack with a pillow. "trevor, put the pillow down!" jack said trying to reason with him.

"what the hell did you do to her?"

jack sighed, "i overreacted. i completely ignored her for a month and quinn had to knock some sense into me for me to talk to her again."

"yeah and i'm about to knock more sense into you!" those were the last words jack heard before trevor charged at him. trevor hit jack repeatedly with the pillow. every once in awhile, trevor could hear jack trying to get him to stop, but trevor didn't care. he was pissed. eventually, trevor's arms grew tired.

"you know what, i probably deserved that. do you feel better now?" jack asked while getting up off the ground. trevor had knocked him down after a few swings.

while out of breath, trevor said, "yeah, i do. thanks man!"

"so we good?" jack questioned.

trevor nodded, "as long as that's the whole truth, yeah." they gave each other hug and were about to go their separate ways when trevor started thinking. trevor added, "why has tori never brought this up?"

jack turned back around to face trevor and explained, "she really doesn't like talking about it. sometimes, she will try to make it sound like it never affected her and that it's more embarrassing for me. the reality is that she still hasn't fully forgiven herself for hurting me even thought it's not her fault. i've told her countless times that everything is okay, but she still holds onto that guilt."

trevor nodded to signify he was processing all that information. trevor then asked another question, "should i bring it up to her?"

jack furrowed his eyebrows, "typically, i would say don't talk about it with her unless she brings it up. but if you're wanting to get into a relationship, i think it's best that you do. it's something she needs to let go before she starts dating anyone."

after that, jack left trevor's room. trevor sat down on his bed and was thinking everything through. he was going to talk to quinn first and get his thoughts on what he should do and go from there. trevor really liked tori and didn't want to mess this up.