chapter 38

it was two days before tori had to leave and trevor insisted that he was going to take her out on a date. he gave her no clues as to what it was or where it was. all trevor told her was to dress casual and for the weather. he did give her a heads up that it had nothing to do with sand or water so she didn't have to worry about that at the very least.

"tori, are you almost ready to leave?" trevor yelled up the stairs. tori was just finishing her hair. she gave one final look in the mirror and shouted back, "yeah! just give me one more second and i'll be down!"

tori grabbed her purse from her bed and ran down the stairs. she was nervous and excited all at once. trevor's feelings were equally matched. all though, he was feeling a bit of sadness, knowing this was their last in person date for awhile. this didn't stop him from smiling the moment he saw tori run down the hughes' staircase. tori had trevor hooked. she looked absolutely stunning in his eyes even though she was wearing jean shorts and a random t-shirt.

trevor offered his arm while saying, "my lady." tori rolled her eyes, but gladly accepted trevor's goofy gesture. she never knew what trevor was going to do. that's partially why this date had her nervous, but it was a good nervous.

he walked tori to the car that the hughes family so generously allowed him to borrow for this special occasion. everyone in the house knew exactly what trevor had planned except for tori. even alex, who has the biggest mouth, was kept in the loop. it was a group effort to get this date in order.

"so where is it that you're taking me?" tori asked while trevor started to back out of the driveway.

once trevor successfully pulled out of the drive way, he responded, "that's a surprise." tori fake pouted. he then added, "oh, that actually reminds me, you need to wear this." trevor handed tori a blindfold.

"is this really necessary?" she questioned skeptically. trevor nodded his head. with a huff, tori obliged and placed the silly blindfold over her eyes. to make sure she wasn't cheating, trevor waved a hand in front of her face. when she didn't make any comments, trevor was satisfied and placed all his focus back on the road.

the entire car ride was filled with tori asking trevor questions about the date. she really didn't like that she knew nearly nothing about it. she trusted trevor, but there was always peace in knowing. meanwhile, tori was about to drive trevor insane to the point where he might ruin the surprise. he was having to repeatedly bite his tongue to not let it slip. instead, each time he responded with, "you'll just have to wait to find out."

what felt like an eternity later, trevor finally parked the car. he told his giflfriend, "do not remove the blindfold! i'll come get you out of the car!" she could have easily taken off the blindfold, but instead decided to listen to him. she heard his car door close and open. moments later, trevor opened her door and unbuckled her seatbelt. he grabbed her hand and started leading her down a path. tori was absolutely clueless as to where she was. she felt grass poking at her feet and heard birds chirping, but that didn't help her pinpoint a location.

tori was trying to guess where she was when trevor stopped dead in his tracks. it took tori by surprise as she almost fell. thankfully, trevor was able to hold her steady. he chuckled, "be careful over there! i don't need an injured girlfriend!"

tori rolled her eyes, but trevor couldn't see since she was still blindfolded. "you can't see it, but i'm rolling my eyes right now!" she told her boyfriend.

"yeah, yeah, yeah. i'm about to let you take off your blindfold, just let me get into position," trevor replied. tori felt trevor leave her side. she heard shuffling in front of her and eventually trevor said, "okay, you can take it off now!"

tori carefully untied the blindfold and opened her eyes. standing in front of her was trevor holding a bonquet of flowers. behind him, was a picnic, perfectly laid out with all of her favorite foods and desserts. it had become apparent that this took lots of planning. from the fresh fruit in tubbleware to all the blankets and pillows, she knew trevor put in lots of hardwork and must have collaborated with other people to get this all to happen. a hand flew over her mouth and tears started forming in her eyes. they were happy tears, but tears nonetheless.

"trevor, you didn't have to do all this," tori was practically speechless. she didn't know how to express her gratitude to her boyfriend. this was by the far the sweetest and most romantic gesture a guy had ever done for her.

he smiled, "you're right, i didn't have to, but i wanted to. you deserve even more than this." this boy really was going to make tori cry. before the waterworks could start, trevor took her hand again and sat them down on the blanket.

"how did you get all of this coordinated? i know there's no way you did this all by yourself," tori asked as she picked a strawberry.

"surprinsingly enough, literally everyone helped out in some way, shape, or form. ellen and jim allowed me to use on their car. luke and quinn were able to tell me your favorite types of food and jack helped me pick out your flowers. cole brainstormed with me and came up with the picnic date idea. and then, alex lead the charge in setting everything up. i'm just hoping everything turned out how you liked it," trevor answered.

tori laid her head on his shoulder and looked up at trevor. "it's absolutely perfect! there's nothing i would change!" tori gushed. she had the man of her dreams on her right and the perfect date in front of her.

trevor looked down and said, "there's something that i would change." tori was puzzled and couldn't figure out what he meant. he then added, "if you're ready, i want to be official with everyone."

"you mean like on instagram? with your fans?"

he nodded. trevor so desparately wanted everyone to know that he was dating tori monroe. he wanted to scream it from the mountain tops, but wanted her consent first. trevor did not want to blindly throw tori to the wolves. he was starting to get worried when tori didn't initially respond. that all vanished when tori grinned and exclaimed, "and here i thought today couldn't get any better! i can now tell everyone i'm dating trevor zegras!"