10 | A L I E

After Charlie filled in the discharge papers and grabbed Celeste's pain relief medication, Jacob gently pulled his imprint into his arms, wrapping her legs around his waist as her arms go around his neck

After Charlie filled in the discharge papers and grabbed Celeste's pain relief medication, Jacob gently pulled his imprint into his arms, wrapping her legs around his waist as her arms go around his neck. As soon as they got into the car, Celeste became mute with her whole-body tensing. For her, the term 'home' was a warning from Renee and Phill on the rare days she was allowed to be with them or Bella.

If anything had gone wrong, Celeste would see the fury in their eyes and know straight away that she would be punished. Either for saying something wrong or not speaking loud enough for anyone to hear.

Celeste was fidgeting in her seat, thinking about what would happen when they arrived at her new 'home'. Would she have to sleep in a cage again? Would it be outside? Would her dad let her have a blanket to keep her warm? He and Jacob had been very kind to her which still didn't make much sense to her.

However this was always a trick Renee loved to do, she would be kind and caring one moment, and then as soon as Celeste finally believed that she had truly changed. Renee would burst out laughing making tears roll down Celeste's cheek at the reality of her mother taking joy in humiliating her.  

Finally arriving in front of the painted white house that she used to call home so many years ago. It was a bizarre moment for Celeste, she could remember the house so perfectly with a bunch of memories to go along, most of them including Jacob, Uncle Billy, or her father. Although at the same time, she couldn't help but feel out of place.

Charlie was the first to get out of the car, opening Celeste's door he slowly holds his hand out for her to grab. Hoping she wouldn't get punished for needing support she takes her father's hand and get's out of the car.

Jacob could hear some of his pack inside the Swan house with his father too. He didn't expect them to still be here when they arrived as Charlie had mentioned not wanting to overwhelm Celeste any more than she already was.

He understood that some were wary of Celeste because of her being Bella's twin but that wasn't fair, to judge her because of her sister's actions Jacob just hoped that they would keep their opinions to themselves.

Unfortunately, he was too late as he saw Paul and Jared walking out of the front door in conversation.

"Jacob, could you help her inside? While I grab her things?"

Charlie was more relaxed now that she was out of the hospital and at home where she belonged. He knew it was going to be a long process getting her back on track, but he didn't care about how long it would take. Celeste deserved so much more than what she was given but Charlie promised that he would do anything to keep a smile on his daughter's face.

As Charlie grabbed Celeste's bag of things from the hospital, he nods his head in acknowledgment to the two boys from the rez and walks into his home, leaving the front door open for Celeste and Jake.

When the shifter gets in front of his imprint, he makes her wrap her arm around his waist. Letting her lean all her weight onto him so she wasn't in as much pain as she walked. That's when the voices of Paul and Jared caught their attention.

"I can't believe sam ordered us to do this." Paul scoffs rolling his eyes.

Jared nods his head in agreement "Not just him. Billy and the elders too."

"How much you wanna bet this is all an act for attention." Jared adds raises his eyebrows.

Paul chuckles "Please she's Bella's twin, of course she's acting."

"And Jacob's acting like a lost puppy, obsessed with Bella and now with her twin," Paul comments.

'Bella'

'Jacob and Bella'

'attention'

Celeste pulls away from Jacob like he was on fire and looks at him in betrayal.

He lied.

"You-you- no no no no" Celeste walks backwards with her hands up in defence. She was in a lot of pain and knew she wouldn't survive another punishment.

"Celeste?" Jake says noticing how her face drops and starts to shake her head with a hand on her ribs.

"you lied—you bella" Celeste knew this would happen, she knew this was a test and she fell for it again.

Jake realized that she thought Bella was here and starts to slowly walk towards her "Hey hey hey little moon she isn't here." 

"Get away from me!" Celeste screams "You lied...they're...here....not again."  holding onto her aching ribs with her uninjured arm and runs  straight into the woods behind her.

"Celeste!" Jacob shouts before turning round to Paul and Jared who were looking ashamed and guilty. "What were you think? Huh?"

"We finally got her to believe that this wasn't a prank for fuck sake!" Jacob screams at two of the members in his pack.

"We didn't even know she was there." Paul weakly defends his actions. They only realized she was there when he saw her running into the woods.

"We told you! Sam told you! Fucking hell even my dad told you and you still had the nerve to say something about her as she arrives to her home that she had been in since she was five."

Charlie and Billy come rushing out and immediately notice the tension between the three boys.

"Whoa whoa whoa what's going on?" Billy questions the boys then asks "Where's Celeste?"

Jacob ignored the questions and keeps glaring at Paul and Jared as his wolf growls trying to take control and shift because of the disrespect his imprint received by them. With Celeste's past Jake's wolf was more protective of her and just the littest thing would set him off.

"Jake!" Charlie shouts towards his best friend's son "Where's my daughter?"

Without breaking eye contact with the other two shifters who kept looking down at the floor Jake explains what had happened to his dad and Charlie.

"These two shitbags thought it was fine to have a conversation about how Celeste was just acting and did all of this for attention."

"What!" Both Charlie and Billy shout out looking from Jake to the boys.

"Then they decided to add Bella into the conversation, which caused her to panic thinking she was here and that we lied to her." Jake finishes.

"Where would she go? She hasn't been here for years...she's just had surgery; her ribs will make it hard for her to walk far." Charlie starts to ramble in panic, she hadn't even entered her home yet and people were already judging her for what her sister had done.

Billy sighs "Call Sam." He says looking at his son "We will get to people look in the woods, she couldn't have gone far."

"As for you two. Sam might be the leader of the community on the Rez but me and the elders will be involved in your punishment" Billy adds secretly talking about about the pack.

He looks at Charlie whose face was covered with worry. "We'll find her Charlie."

Jake turns to Paul who swallows thickly from the heated glare "I thought out of everyone, you would be the one to understand what she was going through."

———————