Why Do I Do This?!

-

Sometimes, Tomo wished he thought things through more carefully before attempting them.

Take this situation for example— he was currently stuck in a tree. His feet and hands were starting to sting and ache from the unnecessary amount of pressure on them. His butt was also starting to go numb, but we don't need to mention that..

As he stood on a thick branch at least 6-7ft from the ground, he shuffled his feet uncomfortably, the branch making a cracking noise in result.

Tomo almost shrieked, but held it in. This was really the way he was going to die, wasn't it? His hands gripped the branch on top of him tightly— his sweaty palms not helping in the slightest.

You know why he was in this situation?

All because he saw a damn squirrel.

This all fucking happened because he saw a squirrel and couldn't contain the dog inside of him and chase after it.

One of his hands shakily let go of the branch, wiping the sweat on his shirt. He dug his hand into his pocket, taking out his phone.

His palms still slightly sweaty from the heat, he carefully brought the phone up to his face, unlocking the face ID.

Pressing the phone to his chest to keep it from falling, he tapped on the 'Phone' app, tapping on contacts and scrolled until he found the 'K' section.

His eyes scanned the list before he quickly tapped on a contact, pressing on the call button and tapping the speaker after.

"Pick up, pick up—" He begged quietly, his index finger tapping on the back of his phone impatiently.

"Hello?" A voice emitted from the phone.

Tomo tilted his head back slightly, letting out a sigh of relief, "Kenny!" he exclaimed happily, fixing his grip on the phone.

"Yeah, what's up?" Kenji hummed from the other side of the call, you could hear a bit of shuffling too.

Tomo chuckled nervously. How was he supposed to say this without sounding like an idiot? "Umm.." he started, blinking a few times.

Kenji immediately noticed the hesitation in his voice, he could tell Tomo did something stupid again, "What happened?" he questioned, sighing quietly.

Tomo gasped dramatically, his brows furrowing, despite his boyfriend not being there to see, "Why do you always assume the worst with me?" he whined.

Kenji rolled his eyes, running a hand through his hair, "What is it then?"

Tomo could only smile awkwardly at his question, his eyes glancing around the air, "Well— I kind of.."

"I kind of got stuck in a tree." He finally admitted, a pout on his face when he heard the other male sigh heavily.

"It wasn't my fault tho—" Tomo quickly began to explain, only to be cut off immediately.

"I'm on the way."

Tomo sighed, frowning, "Oh— kay." he grumbled, waiting until he heard his boyfriend hung up to slide his phone back into his pocket.

-

Ten minutes later and he could finally hear a car driving into his house's driveway. He took turns resting each hand off the branch, but it only resulted in them aching more.

"Kenji.." He groaned, couldn't he hurry up a little faster? He was pretty sure his ass was now gone, somewhere in space.

Tomo spotted a piece of black hair peeking around the corner of the gate, Kenji was finally here!

"Kenji!" He yelled out for him. There was definitely not tears in his eyes, no way— literally no chance at all.

Kenji sighed when he spotted his boyfriend hanging on for dear life onto a branch, "Tomo!" he waved his hand at him.

"You're finally hereeeee.." He whined childishly, watching as his boyfriend stepped closer to the tree.

Kenji placed a hand on top of his forehead, blocking the sun out of his face as he gawked up at his boyfriend.

"How the hell did you get up there?" he questioned, his brows furrowing confusion.

"Don't ask— just get me downnn!" He groaned loudly, letting his head fall back in frustration.

Kenji's lips formed into a thin line, letting out a heavy sigh through his nose, "How though?"

"Climb the tree?!" Tomo rose a brow at him, as if the answer was obvious.

"What if I get stuck too?"

"You won't."

"How do you know?"

"I just do!"

Kenji simply shrugged his shoulders, he guessed that was a good answer. "Kay, kay." he walked up to the bottom of the tree, placing his hands on two different branches.

"I hate this already." Kenji sighed.

He pulled himself up, his feet on the tree now. He then began to climb..

-

After convincing Tomo to slowly step towards him, telling him just because the branch made a cracking noise didn't actually mean it was cracking, and that if he fell, he was going to be fine anyway.

Tomo slowly stepped back on the earth, immediately falling on his butt, letting out a small whine as he could finally feel it once again.

"Oh my god— I can feel my ass again." He hissed, rubbing his lower side.

Kenji swore he could see a tear roll down his cheek.

"Let's go inside, i'm pretty sure your maids and butlers are concerned as to why you were gone for an hour." Kenji crouched down to his level, tugging at his shirt.

Tomo let his head fall back— it seems like he's been doing that a lot in this chapter. He fell onto his back, his arms and legs sprawled out.

"Give me a sec.. I just got feeling in my butt again."

Kenji rolled his eyes, fixing his legs so he was crisscrossed on the ground, "Okay."

-