Competition

Ryoto allowed the horse to take stead, hooves galloping loudly throughout the forest as his eyes investigated the surrounding greenery.

In the corner of his eyes, he spots something. Ryoto pulls the lead rope harshly, bringing the horse to a halt.

Swiftly, he slides out an arrow of the quiver, placing it into position, aiming it at the great, big brown bear that's at least 7 feet away from him.

He makes no move, keeping his breath steady and slow, he pulls the string and arrow back further, one eye closed while the other focused greatly.

Ryoto sends the arrow flying towards the bear, but a gunshot echoes throughout the forest. His eyes widen.

The bear roars in pain, flailing upwards in shock. It attempts to run but the pain gets to it, and it falls to the ground with a 'thump'.

Ryoto furrows his brows in confusion, until a person is approaching the bear.

Ezra slides his sword out of its sheath smoothly, stabbing it in the neck with a bloody 'sqwelp'!

He digs his sword in further, Ryoto makes a face, cringing at the inefficient chopping of the bear's head.

Ezra swipes the head off the ground, blood splattering on his clothes as he turns his head. Another person on a horse is approaching quickly.

Ezra tosses the bear head in the air fast enough for the person galloping by to catch it. She cheers with a familiar laugh, and quickly speeds off.

"Love ya, Kyoka!" He yells after her, waving.

Ryoto deadpans at Ezra, his eye twitching in annoyance at the fact that he gave up one of the biggest points for Kyoka— of all people.

"Great, now she's gonna win." Ryoto groans, leaning forward with a slouch.

Ezra turns to face Ryoto before giving a shrug. "She's my princess. Whatever she wants, she gets."

"Okay but.. Kyoka, really? Didn't she try to bury you alive?" Ryoto asks with disbelief in his voice.

"Hey!" Ezra yells, placing his hands on his hips while leaning forward slightly with an annoyed expression, "Only for a couple of hours!" He quickly defends Kyoka.

Ryoto rolls his eyes inwardly, letting out another sigh before he trots off on the horse, leaving Ezra behind.

As the disappointment settles in him he hears another horse walk up to his side. He glanced towards the girl riding it.

"It's okay, Ryo." Suki offers a comforting smile, hands gripping the lead rope as she steers the horse to settle at the same pace of Ryoto's.

"The will always be another hunting competition to win next year!" She pumps up a small fist in the air, attempting to cheer up the damp mood that belongs to Ryoto.

Ryoto nods. "I know. Don't worry, I'm not that disappointed."

Suki chuckles, "I'm glad then. Kyoka will always give us another chance to win." She grins, placing out a thumbs up.

Ryoto hums, eyes facing forward again. "Then, good luck to you."

"Yeah! I know you won't need it, but good luck," She responds cheerfully, placing her hand back onto the lead rope to whip it, forcing her horse into a gallop.

He watches as she paces away swiftly further into the forest.

Ryoto lets out another sigh before doing the same, "She's not gonna win this time." He mutters determinedly to himself as they gallop through the trees.

-

Ryoto steers his horse into one of the stables, lifting himself off the saddle and hopping off with a slight bounce.

He runs a hand down the horse's neck, smiling softly when the horse neighs happily.

A loud horn echoes throughout the entire land, alerting its time for the results of the hunting.

Ryoto heads to where everyone else is, waiting for the Emperor to finally announce the winner of the hunting competition.

He watches as one of the servants swiftly steps to the Emperor's side, sliding an envelope towards him.

Shuji grabs the envelope, slicing it open with a tiny pocket knife that the servant also gave him.

UMMMM I GAVE UP WRITING THIS SO IM JUST GONNA POST IT LMFAOOO will most definitely not finish writing it soon