Chapter 5: Regret's Reward

Tank pov

Tank I sat within my forge while gently sharpening a blade in fear...

Would he come back?...did he win?...did Y/N survive?

Questions like this ran rampant through my mind as I continued to gently brush the whetstone along the edge of the blade to perfection.

Tank: dammit...

I felt the blades edge through the stone and new instantly that the blade could no longer berl sharpened before placing it on the pile of sharpened blades I had created during my state.

Cinder: you know Tank...this is perhaps the first I've seen you care for someone...what made you change your mind?~

I glared at Cinder while picking up another unfinished blade into my arm before beginning to sharpen the blade.

Cinder: what happened to the man that gave up on humanity, and sold his life away from safety and isolation?~

Tank: I found something...that's all...

My hand glide across the blade as I let the bottom of my thumb test the sharpness of the dull blade.

Cinder: hm...so your not afraid if he doesn't come back then...

I instinctively pressed down on the blade as blood began to drop down it's spine.

Tank: He. Will. Come. Back...

I looked at Cinder with an annoyed expression as our eyes met...he firey amused gaze was only met by a furious set of white, and sky blue eyes.

Tank: and you know what?

I began to grin.

Tank: he may not look like it now...but I'm damn well sure that he'll kick your sorry ass any day...

Cinder's amused grin turned into that of anger as an amber blade made of fire began to form in her hands.

Cinder: what did you just say?....

I smiled as I stood up and tossed the blade I was sharpening into the pile I had created.

Tank: you heard me!...that boy can take you down!...and you know what?

Walking next to my forge...I reached into the fire...abd took out my flame...

A blade I had made from a time long ago using my semblance

A blade I had made from a time long ago using my semblance...once again laid rest in my hand...

The fire that surrounded it's frame slowly poured back into itself as it's panels let loose a threatening glow.

Tank: with how you fight, and act?...I think I can take you down a few pegs too...

Cinder: why you!-

Cinder aimed to strike me, but the area around us quickly darkened as Salem's voice echoed through the froge.