Chapter 16 - Season Ending Injury

Cole's POV
"Really?! You kissed her and you slept with her!" Nick Suzuki shouts in excitement. I try to shush him, but with no avail.

"Keep quiet, man. I don't want the whole rink to hear our conversation,"

"What's happening? What're we talking about?" Kirby Dach says, shoving Nick out of the way. I sigh.

"See? I told you to be quiet. Now Kirby's here," I say. Nick shrugs.

"So what. I think you'll survive if a couple of the guys found out,"

"Wait, Nick, what are you two talking about?" Kirby presses.

"Cole kissed and slept with Jack Hughes's twin sister last night," Nick says casually, despite my pleas to tell him not to say anything.

"Wait really? You slept with Allison Hughes? Dude, what's Jack gonna think when he finds out?" Kirby asks. I sigh and shake my head.

"Jack already knows. Quinn, Jack, and Luke Hughes are all in Montreal for a couple of days. They caught us red handed this morning," I explain. Kirby and Nick both laugh.

"That's priceless. I wish I had been there to see that," Nick says. Kirby nods.

"Same,"

"Leave him alone guys. He forgot the date that his soon to be brother-in-laws were coming to visit," Nick teases, winking. I roll my eyes.

"Shut up Nick. They're not my brother-in-laws,"

"Not yet, but they will be." Kaiden Guhle adds, hockey stopping next to Kirby and covering his skates in snow spray.

"Did you just hear our whole conversation?" I ask him. Kaiden nods.

"Yep. I was standing super close to you guys. You just didn't know it. Dude, I can't believe you shacked up with Jack Hughes's sister. She's hot," Kaiden says. I frown.

"Yeah. She is. And she's mine so back off," I snap.

Kaiden is known to be a playboy and he hits on just about any girl he can get his hands on. The last thing I want is for him to start hitting on Allie.

"You got it, man. She's all yours," Kaiden says. I nod.

"Thanks,"

"Don't mention it,"

Jack's POV
Allie, Quinn, and Luke are all in the living room talking and catching up while I'm hiding out in Allie's room, FaceTiming Trevor about my recent dilemma.

"Hey Jack. What's up?" Trevor asks. I sigh and shrug.

"Nothing much. You?"

"Well, Jess lives in Anaheim as the Ducks photographer and she's finally my girlfriend so my life is complete." Trevor says. Then he looks at me and frowns. "You don't look too happy, dude. What's going on? Maggie ghost you or something?"

"No. Everything with Maggie is fine. I'm just upset because Cole finally expressed his feelings towards Allie and he kissed her last night. Oh, and, on top of that, they slept together." I explain. Trevor looks super excited by the news.

"No way! Way to go, Cole!" Trevor shouts. I frown and Trevor's smile fades. "I mean, what the heck! That's so not right,"

"Thanks Trevor," I mutter, rolling my eyes.

"What are you so upset about? Don't you want your sister to be happy?" Trevor asks. I shrug.

"Well, I guess so, but—"

"No. No buts. You just need to accept that Allie belongs with Cole. I was literally waiting for Cole to start singing You Belong With Me by Taylor Swift when Allie was dating Ethan." Trevor jokes. I laugh.