making a story

I BELIEVE anybody can be a story teller, it's in our nature to enjoy a good story and feel compelled to share our own

it's in our nature to enjoy a good story and
feel compelled to share our own. Therefore I'll
be giving some tips I have that I think will be
helpful for writers.

°•*

ELEMENTS:
There are five key elements to every story: plot, setting, characters, point of view, and conflict.
Those five elements are what creates the story's flow, builds anticipation, and excites the readers.

WRITERS BLOCK:
When most people sit down at their keyboards, phone or start to put pen to paper, it's easy to freeze up. Or lose motivation right away. In fact all the information you had for your story can randomly disappear.

I strongly encourage you to take some time before you start writing your story to figure out the five key story elements. Even better take notes or make a rough draft/ brain storm to plan out everything. So if you ever do forget you can just look at it without worry.

PLOT:
The plot is the events or actions that drive your story it describes the "what" of your tale.

The plot lets the reader know: what's happening, describes the problems your characters are trying to solve and gives the details on how they attempt to solve them.

╰┈ ELEMENTS OF A PLOT:
             1. Exposition: gives the reader the background info they need to jump right into your story's world. Usually in the beginning of your story.

Even if you choose to jump right into the action, somewhere along the way your reader needs to get a crash course on your characters' history. It can be shown through: flashbacks, dialogue, letters, settings descriptions, characters thoughts etc.

            2. Rising Action: Is the moments in your story that lead up to the climax. It revolves around choices your main characters has made. This is where your story builds. This is likely going to be the longest section of your story. A whole lot happens between the start of the novel and that moment. The rising action makes the readers hold their breath and try to guess what's happening.

            3. Climax: The primary turning point and what your story has been building towards. What are your main characters going to do? Will they succeed or fail? The main goal of the climax is to resolve the conflict, you can decided if you want it to be positive or negative or you can ask your readers for their opinion. All up to you.

             4. Falling Action: Now that the main conflict is resolved, it's time to begin wrapping everything up. The falling action is a great time to tie up any loose ends while also giving your characters a chance to deal with the aftermath of the climax.