10 | Babe

I've realised that waking up next to Jack is my favourite thing. Every time I feel his body next to mine, I immediately feel happy.

We've been dating for a week now and I couldn't be happier. I've slept over at his place for 5 of those days and he even slept over at mine once. My dad is starting to warm up to him because he sees how happy I am with him. Luke and I are now best friends. We annoy Jack all the time and spend all night watching movies and talking.

Today is going to be my first time seeing Bri since me and Jack started dating. We're going to go shopping and then we're going to a restaurant with Jack and Luke.

——

"Where are you going?" Jack asks me yawning when he sees me getting dressed. "Jack, it's 11am, how are you only just waking up?" "You know I like to sleep in, especially when it's long deserved." "Yeah okay, how is it long deserved?" "Because," he says trying to think of what to say next. "Yeah, exactly," I tell him laughing. "Anyway, I told you yesterday I'm going out witt Bri today. We're going shopping." "Oh yeah," he responds slowly remembering, "We're going out to eat after right." "Yeah, can you pick us up at 2?" "Of course I can babe." I start grinning like an idiot. "What?" He asks clearly noticing the change in my expression. "You called me babe." "Wel you are my babe, aren't you," he says grabbing my waist from behind. I love this man. But I can't tell him I love him, not yet.

——

"I can't believe you guys are dating!" Bri says as we walk through the mall. "Neither can I to be honest," I tell her. "I'm still waiting to wake up from this dream. You know how much I liked him before I even knew him. Now that I do, I like him so much I can't describe it." "I think I can describe it," Bri stars, "it's this thing called love." "Bri, I know that I love him." Wow. I have never said that out loud before. "But don't you think it's too early to tell him?" I ask genuinely curious. "No, when you feel it, you feel it. And by he way you speak about him, I think that you really do feel it." "Okay, maybe I will tell him."

——

"Where are you? We've finished shopping," I ask Jack on the phone to him. "We're just parking, we'll only be two minutes," Luke speaks up. "Alright, we're going to head to the restaurant," I say before handing up.

Bri and I walk to the restaurant and get a table almost immediately. As we sit down, I'm about to text Jack before I see his tall body walking into the restaurant. He searches for me and when his eyes lock on mine, his whole face brightens up.

"Hey babe," he says walking towards our table. "Hey," I reply with a smile. "Babe, this is Bri and Bri this is Jack, as you know." "It's great to finally meet you, Zo speaks very highly of you." "I'm glad to hear that," Bri says, "and it's great to meet you too." "Where's Luke?" I ask Jack. "Who's Luke?" Bri asks. "Jack's brother, I told you about him," I remind her. "Oh yeah." "He was behind me," he say's looking around. "Ah, there he is." "Lukey, this is my best friend, Bri, Bri, this is Luke," I introduce them. Bri stares at Luke for a little too long before she enters the moment again. "Hey, I'm Bri." "I already said that," I say kicking her under the table.

——

I'm sitting next to Jack and Bri is right in front of me. Saying this is the first time some of the most important people in my life are meeting, this lunch is going great. Bri and Luke have been talking a lot, a little too much. But aside from that, everyones getting along normally.

——

"That was great," Luke says as we enter his and Jack's apartment. "I'm sure you found it great," Jack starts. "You were flirting with Bri the entire time." "I did not," Luke argues. "Did I Zo?" "You did Luke, the entire time," I reply honestly. "Whatever," Luke says storming out of the room.

"Luke's going out tonight," Jack tells me. "Like the whole night." "Oh is he?" I ask teasingly. "He is," Jack replies smirking.

——

word count: 750
a/n: a quick one, can anyone guess whTs going to happen next chapter?