🏒Wheel⛸️

"Hey! Do you have a lighter on you?"

Xian pivoted in his place to look in the direction from which a baritone voice with a very thick accent called for his attention.

The man in question was, as many would claim, an Adonis. Dusky, tall, and very handsome, his platinum hair was a stark contrast to the night; his charcoal eyes complimented his skin colour; and his body was lithe and athletic.

Why wouldn't it be?

Standing in front of Xian was Italy's defender and national player. Indian by birth, but by nationality he was a pure-bred Italian.

"Sorry. I don't have one on me." Xian replied, and the player joined him in front of the entrance of the club they were supposed to enter.

Unperturbed, Adonis asked a random passerby and wasn't disappointed when he was finally able to smoke his cigarette.

"Aren't you going to lecture me on how smoking is injurious to health?" The Adonis grinned while Xian leaned against a car parked on the street and shrugged as he answered, "I am the last one to give any unsolicited advice. Since, ironically, I receive many, I made it a mission never to give any."

Taking another drag, Adonis gave him a salute and continued, "True. I do, however, smoke when nervous."

"Why is the great Rudra Singhania nervous?" Xian inquired and smiled when the other man's eyes widened in astonishment.

"You know of me?"

"Of course. You are revered by many as the Coocoo Cock!"

"Wow, so my stage name precedes my deeds?" Rudra chuckled as he said, "I am glad to be known to the great Grandmaster Wei."

They both shook hands, and Rudra continued, "I am nervous because this is going to be the first time I meet the team. My selection has been under wraps as my national team did not want any scandal."

"Agreed. Well, this would be the first time I met them personally, too. We have had virtual meetings before, but nothing like an actual meet and greet."

"True. Well, please go ahead. Don't let me keep you waiting here." Rudra took another hasty drag, and Xian knew the former was quite nervous.

"No worries. We're a team. I'll wait for you to finish."

During his adolescent days, Xian had smoked everything under the sun, but the moment he got into a professional team, he knew it was wise to quit all the vices, but inhaling this smoke was bringing back his nostalgic memories.

Just then, a pair of legs sprinted out of the entrance and, at the sight of Xian and Rudra, came to a stop in front of them and heaved deep breaths.

Xian was worried that the boy was going to faint from exertion when the latter glanced at the two of them enthusiastically and shared, "We were all waiting for you upstairs, and when there was no news of your arrival, our coach sent me down to escort you two."

"Sorry. I kept Grandmaster Wei waiting with me here." Rudra grinned, and Wei shook his head.

"Oh! Do you guys know each other?"

"We just met." Xian answered and said, "Of course I know of Coocoo Cock as a player, but we just got acquainted with each other."

Rudra did not miss the retort and laughed at Xian's antics. He knew the just-formed acquaintance was going to be a lifelong friendship.

As their eyes met, Xian's eyes danced with kindness, and the acquaintance that was just formed would soon turn into a pure heart of brotherhood.