🏒WAG⛸️

A Few Months Ago

"Xian." 

Xian was so busy contemplating his next move that he almost missed the doctor's question.

"Xian." Dr. Singh tapped the table on which the Chess Board was placed to gain Xian's attention, and it was then that the latter finally acknowledged, "Yes?"

"What makes you happy?"

Xian's hand, poised to move his queen and checkmate the kind doc's King,
halted in mid-air as his gaze swung to meet the former.

He had no answer.

Xian was pleasantly taken aback by what he saw in front of him

Xian was pleasantly taken aback by what he saw in front of him. When Hugo suggested that they go out to dinner, Xian had no inkling that the veteran would bring him here.

"Asia Town?" Xian grinned as he asked, and Hugo proudly nodded in recognition of his achievement.

"Yes. I realised you had been away from home for months and might have missed out on the delicacies. Now, I'm not sure if this is authentic for your palate, but I can guarantee you that the cuisine is delicious. At least, that's what many of the reviews claim."

Patting Hugo's back, Xian was truly touched by the man's sincerity. He had in fact been missing his home, and this brought back a lot of nostalgia.

"Well then, what are we waiting for?" Taking a step forward, Xian gestured for Hugo to follow as he traversed towards his first destination.

The Claw Machine.

"How do you keep winning on this Claw Machine?" As Hugo whined, Xian scored once again and was able to successfully win another plushie toy. "Not fair." Hugo mumbled, and all Xian could do was laugh.

"It's an Asian aura, Hugo."

"What?"

"Nothing. Let's go!" Collecting the two bears, he handed one to the older man. "Here. This one is for you."

"Yay! I finally won!" Hugo's remarks caught Xian's attention, and he quickly corrected himself: "I mean, you won it for me."

Shaking his head, Xian inquired, "So, where to next?"

"There!" Hugo replied, pointing to a small traditional Japanese restaurant, "This place has gotten good reviews." Let's take a look around."

"Have you ever been to any Japanese restaurants before?" Xian inquired as the hostess led them to their private room.

"Never. I always wanted to visit the country too."

"Let me know the next time you plan to visit Japan, and I'll give you my friend's phone number." Initiate contact with him. He'll take you on a tour."

"Sure thing. What would you want to order? Tonight's treat is on me."

Xian was glad to order for them as Hugo had never had Japanese cuisine before, and he wanted Hugo to try some of the best tonight.