Contract

"What the hell do you want?" I scoffed

"Why did you change your name?" The toned hair boy asked, Arlen. I haven't heard that name in so long, it makes me sick.

"So you couldn't find me." I answered. "Get out of my house, I don't want anything to do with you all anymore." Slamming the doors open, I pointed them out. "Unless you want to kill me."

"Astra...you know that's not why we're here—"

"Save it. I don't want to hear anything from any of you psychopaths. We are over, get out of my fucking face." I deadpanned.

"Astra." Keith seethed, he's the same as alway. Short tempered.

"You're the one who promised you'll never kill another person and promise to not lie to me again. Too bad you can't keep your words." I slammed the door back to close it, feeling anger rise in me. "Is this what you have been doing for 2 months? Looking for me? Maybe it would've been better if I just killed myself so you'll give up."

"Astra! What the fuck are you saying!?" Keith stood up and paced toward me, holding my shoulder. "We were so close to losing it when you suddenly disappeared without telling us, you could have talked to us."

Is he really saying this right now? I slapped him harshly across his face. "Talk to you!? Are you out of your fucking mind right now?! You'd think anyone would talk to a killer like you?! The worst you could do was send Theo to jail yet you wanted to kill him so I could be safe?!"

Tears were running down my cheek as I let out all my frustrations. "You're the reason I ran away in the first place. Why is it that I'm alway the one asking for permission when I want to go outside to do something! Am I a pet to you!?"

"For the last time, get out of my fucking house and never return. I never want to see you again, if I do you'll never hear me talk." I finally let out my last sobbed before I felt myself calming down.

The room was silent before I broke out into a sob again. Keith held me in his hand but I pushed him away, he didn't budge though.

"Shhh. It's our fault. We're sorry."

"No you're not! You only see me as some weak girl!—"

"Look at me, Astra!" He shook my shoulder, causing me to look him in the eyes.

He was crying, tears swelling. "We are so sorry..."

Leo suddenly came toward us and kneeled down, his face was sad, the saddest I've ever seen him be, or at least before these 2 months.

I was able to be myself and make my own decisions without them in a long time. And yet here they are, telling me to go back with them.

"D-Do you not trust me enough...?" I whispered.

"Of course we trust you baby..." Leo kissed my forehead, then my cheek.

"So why did you lie?"

"To keep danger away. People only ever see us killed, because we were raised like that...if our enemies see our weakness, they'll use it against us, it already happened before and I don't want it happening to you." Leo gently rubbed my cheek with his thumb.