1. Little Lynx

-Adrian-

-Adrian-

I once had a companion, or a pet like my kind likes to call them, but she was killed almost five decades ago. I never found myself a new one, no matter how hard I tried.

And I tried. My Lord, how I tried. It became my obsession. It was the only thing that kept me going. My hate and anger gave me the strength to carry on, and I swore to myself, and to my murdered family, that we would have our revenge.

And then I saw him.

I had ended up in a crappy bar while looking for food. That lousy bar in the middle of nowhere was a good place to find easy victims, and I liked the taste of alcohol in their blood.

But this time I had found something much better.

I was sitting in the shadows at the back of the bar, drinking my whiskey and keeping an eye for an easy target. I wasn't that hungry, but it was better to drink small amounts at the time, so my victims wouldn't die. If I started to leave bodies all around my hometown, people would start asking questions, and the hunters would eventually show up.

I was too busy keeping my eyes at a group of bikers, who were getting smashed while having fun. One of them looked like he was ready to leave, and soon enough he told his buddies goodbye.

I drank the rest of my whiskey and stood up, but someone walked right into me when I was on my feet again.

"Sorry," he said, and continued walking towards the restrooms, without even looking at me.

I forgot all about the drunken bikers and my hunt for food. I looked after the young boy, and I could still smell his scent all around me. It was unique and interesting. His scent had a hint of sugar or something else as sweet, and for a moment I thought that he was just another human boy with perfume.

I turned to look at the bikers, but they had left already. My instincts told me to stay at the bar and find out more about the boy who smelled like sugar. I went to get another glass of whiskey and returned to my table. I sat at the end of the table and waited for the boy to walk past me again. He had to walk right behind me to get out from the restrooms, and soon enough he stepped out.

He had long, brown hair with golden highlights, and he had light amber eyes. He was around the average height, and he was slim, with long legs and round ass. He was wearing skinny jeans and a blue shirt, and his appearance made me believe that he was a smart kid, who liked to read a lot.

Then he walked past me, without paying any attention to me. I breathed in his scent, and this time I was sure that he wasn't wearing any perfume. It was his true scent, and no human had that kind of a scent.

He was a demon, hiding in his human form. I was sure of it.

I could only stare at him. His scent was so unique that he had to be a rare type of demon. Demons were once normal animals, but their souls got corrupted by evil magic, and they turned into demons with magical powers. The rare ones were usually the powerful ones, since vampires and humans had hunted them for centuries, using them as slaves. Sadly, this had prevented the powerful ones from reproducing, and their numbers had decreased into nothing.