3. No Joke

-Micah-

-Micah-

I had no idea how long I spent there in the cold bathroom, on the filthy mattress, crying my eyes out. I had never been so scared in my entire life. The vampire was going to make a pet out of me. He was going to turn me into his mindless slave, forcing me to do his bidding.

I touched my aching neck. He had fed from me, and he would do it again. He had enjoyed drinking from me; he liked my taste. I wanted to vomit when I remembered the smell of my own blood and the warmth when he spilled it down on my chest. My clothes were still covered in blood, and I knew that I had been really close to death.

And now my whole life was over. I had left my family and home to find something better, only to end up being enslaved. I wanted to start crying again, but there were no tears left in me. I felt so numb, wishing that it was just a nightmare, knowing that it wasn't.

The wait was the worst. It took hours before the vampire returned to me, and before he did, I had imagined all the possible ways he would use to torture me, so he could break my mind. When he was free to mark me and form the connection with me, I wouldn't be sane enough to notice it.

When the locks opened with a loud clang, my whole body jerked backwards, and I hit my head to the wall with force. I didn't even notice the pain; I was so scared that I was already close to insanity.

The vampire stepped in, and I began crying uncontrollably. He was carrying more chains and a big briefcase with him, and I knew it had all sorts of equipment to torture me.

"Please no... Let me go! Please...!" I cried with a cracking voice.

The vampire stopped to a halt in the middle of the room. He stared at me with his cold, sharp gray eyes. I saw no emotion in them. To him I was nothing but an object to break.

Then he took a step closer to me, and I nearly panicked. I was so out of my mind that I turned around and tried to claw my way out through the wall. I tried to summon my magical powers, and I could feel the chains on my neck and wrists heating up while their magic fought against mine.

The vampire stepped right next to me, and I started to scream in fear and in pain. I used all the willpower I had to use my magic, but the shackles stopped me. I could smell my own burning flesh, and when I saw my wrists, the cuffs were radiating from the heat. The magical iron was stronger than me, but the power, my power, they had to contain was almost too much, and I knew that if I could keep it up for a moment longer, the shackles would melt from the strain, and I could escape.

But it was too much for me. My skin was burning away, and the pain was horrible, and I had to let go of my magic. When it left me, I collapsed, and all the pain washed over me ten times worse.

And the vampire just stood there, watching me hurting myself.

"You shouldn't do that," he said with a dark voice. "It's useless to try to break them."