13. Free Demon

-Adrian-

-Adrian-

So. A royal demon. A puppy demon. With no cuffs on. Sitting right next to me.

I believed that I had a good reason to be nearly freaking out. Micah had almost destroyed my whole house with his temper tantrum. I was speechless. Wendell was probably right when he called me suicidal, but once I had recovered from the shock, I realized that I truly had a chance to kill Raoul.

I took a small peek at Micah, who was humming some weird tune while playing with his hair. It was hard to believe how much power he could hold – my old demon would have died trying to maintain even half of that magic.

Micah was truly a gift from Lucifer. I had never even met such a powerful being. He could probably wipe half of Raoul's army with one blow!

"Should I dye my hair blond?" Micah asked and turned to look at me.

I stared at him for a second, before I let out a deep sigh. "Blond?"

"Yeah," Micah chirped. "I think I'll do that! Are we there yet?"

"I told you it takes only fifteen minutes to drive there," I said, trying to hide my annoyance.

"But I'm bored," Micah pouted. "And I can't wait to get rid of these ugly clothes..."

I rolled my eyes and concentrated on the road. I guess I could always try to make him mad at me when Raoul's army was near. Maybe he would accidentally turn into that ferocious creature he was supposed to be, and kill our enemy.

"I think I want honey-blond. Or strawberry-blond. Which would you pick?" Micah asked.

"Why are you asking me?" I sighed in frustration.

"Because you're blond," Micah said. "No, you're actually right. You're grandpa-blond, so you wouldn't know..."

I looked at the dark clouds above us. Suddenly, I didn't mind if the sun would come out and burn me alive. I guess things between us were returning to normal. But my Lord... That was quite a show he put up back at home.

The fifteen-minute drive felt almost like an hour with Micah blabbering on and on about his hair color and the clothes he wanted and the stores we just had to visit. I parked the car inside the parking hall in case the sun would come up while we were at the mall. My car had special windows which blocked most of the UV-light, but it would still hurt like hell if the sun rays would touch my skin. Even clothes couldn't protect me for long, so I had to be careful when I was out during the day.

"This is so exciting!" Micah squealed when we were heading to the elevator.

I rolled my eyes and prepared myself for the second worst experience of my entire life. First being the moment when I witnessed my family being murdered.