19. A Rare Apology

-Micah-

-Micah-

It shouldn't have hurt when Adrian told me to give him a break. Well, I knew why it hurt. But it still wasn't supposed to hurt. I know I was a pain in the ass, but he was the one who kidnapped me, so if he really wanted my help, he should have treated me better.

And... I guess I had thought that things would get smoother between us after we had sex, but his behavior towards me hadn't changed. I wasn't mad at him for kidnapping me, even though I had every right to be mad at him, so he should have been more grateful.

I shook my head and rested my head between my paws on the ground. I was in my animal form, and staring at the house under the bushes in the forest. I was really hungry, but I refused to eat the rodents I heard everywhere around me.

I cursed myself for getting so emotional all of a sudden. Didn't I just decide the day before that I would use Adrian to get what I wanted and leave when I was ready? Had I not just come up with a brilliant plan to learn more about magic for my own advantages?

Maybe having sex with him hadn't been such a good idea after all. I had fallen for Gerard just as easily.

No! I shook my head and got up on my feet. I was not falling for a vampire, especially for Adrian! That was ridiculous. That was utterly ridiculous. I turned my back on the house and walked deeper into the forest, but before I knew it, I had slowed down my pace and turned to look at the house over my furry shoulder.

He didn't even come to find me...

'No, Micah! Forget that jerk!'

I was about to continue my way deeper into the forest, but then I just sat down and clawed the hard soil absentmindedly. I could still feel his cool body against mine. Adrian really was a jerk, but... I guess he was good-looking, and it was funny how easily he got frustrated. It was even funnier to see how easy it was to handle him. Or so I had thought.

I sighed and lay down on the cold ground. Adrian was a jerk. I hated him. I really, really hated him.

*****

I had crawled back to my original hiding place, where I could see the house. I had heard a woman scream earlier, and suddenly the house looked like I hadn't almost torn it apart. I smelled three vampires in the yard, Adrian, Wendell and someone I didn't know, and I wondered what was going on.

After that incident I didn't see or hear anything in a couple of hours, but then I suddenly heard a distant creak, which sounded a lot like Adrian's front door. I waited for a while longer, and saw a black woman walking around a corner, wearing a bright-blue dress, and whose hair was falling freely down her back.

She was the third vampire who I had smelled before. I felt insecure and retreated deeper into the forest, when she headed in my direction. I knew that she knew I was there. Adrian must have told her about me!