1991 - HYDRA BASE IN A SNOWY LANDSCAPE

A man entered a bunker and removed a red book marked with a black star.

A technician raised a cylindrical chamber, revealing Bucky Barnes and Anna Reed, aka the Winter Soldier and Octave.

Bucky and Anna were secured in two chairs, a mechanical device on either side of their heads, causing them to scream in pain.

Vasily Karpov spoke in Russian. "Желание. Ржавый. Семнадцать. Рассвет. Печь. Девять. Добросердечный. Возвращение на родину. Один. Грузовой вагон."

(Longing. Rusted. Seventeen. Daybreak. Furnace. Nine. Benign. Homecoming. One. Freight car.)

He turned to Anna and said in Russian, "Песня. Один. Этап. Надеяться. Два. Музыка. Капитан. Девять. Любовь. Исполнитель."

(Song. One. Stage. Hope. Two. Music. Captain. Nine. Love. Performer.)

"Доброе утро, Солдат. Доброе утро, Октава."

(Good morning, Soldier. Good morning, Octave.)

Bucky and Anna hesitated before replying, "Я готов отвечать."

(Ready to comply.)

"У меня есть для тебя миссия. Санкционируй и Извлекай. Без свидетелей."

(I have a mission for you. Sanction and extract. No witnesses.)

NIGHT

A car was driving down a dirt road alone. The Winter Soldier was waiting at the side of the road with his motorcycle. Octave sat behind him. As the car passed, the Winter Soldier and Octave followed. They came alongside the car and he disabled it. It slammed into a tree. The Winter Soldier brought the motorcycle back around and climbed off. He and the Octave walked to the trunk ripped it open, revealing a silver case containing several blue packets.

HYDRA BASE

"Отлично, Солдат," Karpov said. "Молодец, Октава."

(Well done, Soldier. Well done, Octave.)

LAGOS - PRESENT DAY

Wanda Maximoff, aka Scarlet Witch, added sugar to a cup and stirred it. She looked around.

Steve on the radio, asked, "All right, what do you see?"

"Standard beat cops," Wanda replied. "Small station. Quiet street. It's a good target."

"There's an ATM in the south corner, which means..."

"Cameras."

"Both cross streets are one way."

"So, compromised escape routes."

"Means our guy doesn't care about being seen, he isn't afraid to make a mess on the way out. You see that Range Rover halfway up the block?"

"Yeah, the red one? It's cute."

Natasha said over the radio, "It's also bulletproof, which means private security, which means more guns, which means more headaches for somebody. Probably us."

"You guys know I can move things with my mind, right?" Wanda reminded them.

"Looking over your shoulder needs to become second nature."