90. Bourbon Mixed with Tears

REIGN's POV

_______________

Nobody said a word until we were done eating and the noise of clashing cutlery was filling the air around us. Somehow it was stifling my thinking process. And I wasn't complaining; my train of thoughts has been carrying a lot of toxic emotions and it's spreading through my body like a chain reaction.

We were starving like hell and the food was instantly served when we got there. Everybody except me dug in and stuffed their mouths; I was hungry too but I was done in a few bites. I have lost my appetite and I can't even eat one entire portion now. I was already thin and now I've gotten visibly skinny, the food just won't go in even if I try to push it.

Nick made the arrangements already and the food was really delicious; we had seafood like crabs and shrimp and it was so good. Jake on the other hand was craving for his favourite English breakfast after the intense hangover, so he had that.

Jakey is just full of quirks.

I watched the three people feast like they hadn't eaten in days and I could hear heavy metal music laying in the background as they filled their cheeks like squirrels. Well, we skipped dinner last night and overflowed our stomachs with magic potions that made us forget about having food so I can't blame them entirely. My stomach felt like a vat of acid when I woke up this morning and I had to douse that with lots of water.

On the other hand, the hot Brazilian man sitting beside me was eating like a courteous royal, chewing slowly 32 times before swallowing his mahi-mahi and rice while a classic French ballad played in the background.

I sigh looking down at my half-eaten plate, no background music for me. I reluctantly put one last bite in my mouth and lose hold of my fork. I was done.

"Eat, Reign...", Nick says and takes a sip of water from his glass. It was quite sunny and we all were wearing our sunglasses, I could still see Nick's eyes through the layers of tinted glasses.

"No... I'm full", I tell him.

"You barely touched anything...", his voice resounded concern.

"I'm full, Nick", I warn him sternly. I don't want him to leave his plate and spoon-feed me my food in front of my cousins because I know he's capable of doing that.

He didn't say anything and got back to his food.

"At least finish your juice...," He says politely and I nod at him.

I grab the pretty, violet, wide glass in my hand and start drinking the pulpy, red juice. I eyed my glass for a second and it reminded me of the bitter-tasting juices he made for me, which cured me instantly. My eyes travel from each of my cousins turned into food monsters to the calm dancing waves of sapphire on my right.

"I feel better now...", I glance at Jake. He smiles as he looks at the ocean sipping on his iced coffee.

Mia leaned back into her chair, "Man, I didn't know I could eat that much," she commented looking at her clean plate. Her burgundy hair was out of the band now and was flowing with the air.

Madison looked at me with a curious gaze then at Nick and put down her blue drink.

"So when did you get here, Nick?", she asked Nick who was sitting beside me.

Madison's eyes sparkled as she looked at Nick. I could tell she was crushing hard on him. I'm pretty sure all my three cousins sitting before me are crushing on him. Well, he is a charming man and what he said to me a few minutes ago is still making my knees weak. My head was replaying it and my body was sending butterflies to my stomach every damn time.