93. The R8

NICK's POV
____________________

I take a swig from the bourbon glass in my hand and make my way toward the stairs.

There are so many different-sized pictures of her and she looks happy in all of them. One that caught my eye was the extra large one, the one Alexander gifted her on her birthday. Alexander and her as babies. I unknowingly smile looking at the picture. Well, she was a hell of a cute baby with piercing blue eyes.

There was one of her graduation with her parents; in that black gown and that hat she was holding on to so that it doesn't fly away. Her parents look so proud and happy for her; I love that about the Adams. Always together no matter what.

I have seen the world; both worlds rather and the world of the elites and the rich is a complete hoax. Shielding their brittle, shallow world with materialism and unnecessary possessions. There is no real connection between them and their families. But the Adams, they stick together.

They say daughters usually pick up traits and instincts from their mother and I'm glad, I fell in love with Reign. I have seen and observed her mother. That woman would do anything for her man and her family; she'll sacrifice anything for her kids. She raised her kids well and I know her daughter is much more capable than her.

Reign is born to be a boss; it's just that the time is not treating her well but she will come through as a prodigy one day, soon. And I will stand behind her proudly.

My eyes follow her pictures one by one; all from different years it seems. Man, she looks like she hasn't aged for years, she looks exactly the same. There were many pictures of her and Jacqueline. I was enjoying her memories, smiling to myself until my gaze fell upon that one picture that left me rattled.

"Meu Deus...", I breathed.

It's not possible. Is it?

Am I dreaming?

Is that her?

"Mister Silva?", someone called out. I turn my head to look at a face very dear to Reign.

"Missus White," I say and share a smile at her.

She ascended some steps, "Oh, please call me Georgina. Missus White makes me feel more older," She shooed with her hand, her emerald ring shining on her pinky.

I haven't interacted with Missus White much but I can tell from her vibes that she has warm, grandma vibes.

I chuckle, "Well, my apologies, Georgina."

"But now, you should understand how you calling me Mister Silva makes me feel..."

"It's Nicholas," I tell her politely. She laughs softly and then her laughter trails off when her eyes travel to the pictures I was looking at.

Reign's photographs.

Her mature eyes were on me again, "How have you been? Esther told me about everything," she took in a deep breath.

I let out a sigh, "I'm fine, thank you."

Everything that happened since the night I caught Christian flashed before my eyes. These few weeks have been mentally and physically exhausting for me yet I press a smile at her like nothing happened. Because for her I can live through this exhaustion forever just to see her safe and happy.

She placed her hand on my arm, "I know it's not enough but thank you... so much for saving our Reign. For everything you did for her." Her eyes shone genuinity and so much worry for Reign.