Sparkling Smiles

In the quiet darkness of their room, murtasim and meerab nestled together in the comfort of their bed. As they settled down, their bodies molded seamlessly, fitting together like pieces of a puzzle.

Murtasim lay on his side, facing meerab, his arm gently draped over her waist. The rise and fall of his chest matched the rhythm of his calm breaths, creating a lullaby that resonated through the room.
Meerab, nestled against Murtasims chest, resting her head upon his shoulder. Her arm draped lightly across his torso, finding comfort in her husbands presence.

The moonlight gently cascaded upon their faces, illuminating their serene expressions, until meerab  heard a loud sob resonating through their room.
Meerab was startled awake and jumped out of bed. Her eyes darted to her daughters crib as she saw little meesam sitting up shedding pearl like tears and screaming at the top of her lungs.

Meesam was experiencing the discomfort of her first tooth emerging, causing her distress in the middle of the night.

Meerab paced towards meesams crib which was located where the sofa chaise used to be.
She saw her mama and immediately extended her arms out, wanting to be in her embrace.
Meerab picked up meesam and brought her to her chest. She walked around the room gently patting meesams back hoping that she would fall asleep, but her cries persisted.

Meerab offered words of consolation to meesam. Comforting her and kissing her hair hoping she would quiet down.

"Bas meri jaan aise nahi rotay, kya hua meri baby ko hmm... *kisses the top of her head* bas bas bas ab chup ho jao na... kuch nahi hua meri jaan."

Meerab tried her best but meesams cries only got louder. Seeing no other option meerab woke up murtasim who was still sleeping a deep and peaceful sleep , surprisingly unaffected by the screams of his daughter.

She nudged his arm prompting him to wake up but he groaned and turned the other way.
"Sone do na yaar, please" he grumbled, his eyes drowsy with sleep.
"Murtasim utho naaa" urged meerab. And right then almost as if on cue meesam screamed at the top of her lungs "WAAAAHHHHH WAAAHHHHH!!!"causing murtasim to quickly sit up, his eyes opened wide as he stared at his wife and daughter.

Meesams face was red from all the screaming, her soft cheeks damp from her tears. Her lips forming a small little pout. The sight was heart wrenching for murtasim. He couldn't see tears in his daughters eyes.

He got out of bed and quickly walked up to his wife and daughter.
"Meerab kya hua hai isse itni zor zor se kyun ro rahi hai?!?!" He said as he gently cupped meesams cheek wiping the tears away with his thumb.

" Iss ka pehla daanth araha hai murtasim. Dard ho raha hai issi liye ro rahi hai.... Main itni dair se chup karane ki koshish kar rahi hoon par ye bas roye ja rahi hai... chup honay ka naam hi nahi leh rahi" said a distressed meerab, who also couldn't bear to see her daughter in such immense pain.

Murtasim extended his arms out towards meesam as she wriggled out of her mothers hold jumping into her fathers arms.

"Meesam ki teething ring kaha hai?" asked murtasim
" Vo Maine freezer mai rakhi thi" replied meerab
" jao jaldi le kar aao. Teething ring se dard kam ho jayega"
You would think murtasim khan was very experienced considering how he took charge, but quite frankly he had no idea what he was doing. All he knew was that his daughter was in pain and he had to fix it.

Meerab rushed out of their room and went down the stairs. She ran into the kitchen and pulled open the freezer, grabbing the cold teething ring before running up to her room again.
Upon entering her room she saw meesam tightly curled up in Murtasims arms her head against his chest, as he sat on the bed with his back leaning against the headboard. He pat her back gently, rubbing and rocking her in attempts to soothe his beloved daughter.