Bruises and Boo-Boos

Meerab and Murtasim had a beautiful life together, a strong bond that was made even stronger by their adorable three-year-old daughter, Meesam. They had created a world full of love and happiness, centered around their little family.

One sunny morning, Meesam was out in the lawn, pedaling her tiny bike under the watchful eye of one of the maids. Murtasim had stepped out for some urgent work, and Meerab was in the living room with ma begum working on the havelis accounts.

Meerab was engrossed in her work, meticulously sorting through the paperwork on the table while the soft hum of the air conditioning filled the room. The midday sun streamed in through the window, casting a warm glow on the hardwood floor. Meanwhile, Murtasim's black Mercedes pulled into the haveli with a low rumble, announcing his return.

Murtasim stepped out of the car, his tailored suit making him appear both sophisticated and approachable. With a warm smile, he handed the car keys to the driver and made his way towards the house.

Out in the garden, Meesam was pedaling her tiny bike with unmatched enthusiasm. She was wearing a pink Minnie Mouse shirt with a pair of white shorts. The sunlight danced on her raven hair as she giggled, her laughter echoing through the air. The house help, feena, watched over her with a watchful eye. As Murtasim walked up the path, Meesam spotted her father and her heart leaped with excitement. She abandoned her bike, her little legs carrying her towards him. Murtasim's smile widened at the sight of her approaching in her childlike run.

"Baba! BABA!" Meesam exclaimed, her eyes sparkling with happiness. Murtasim's heart swelled as he crouched down, ready to embrace her. "Meesam!" he greeted, his voice laced with affection.

Just as Meesam was about to reach him, she stumbled and fell onto all fours, her laughter abruptly turning into sobs.

His smile vanished in an instant, replaced by a father's concern etched onto his face.

Hurrying to her side, Murtasim knelt down, his expression a mixture of worry and empathy.

Concern clouded Murtasim's face as he hurriedly closed the gap between them. Scooping Meesam into his arms, he showered her with soothing words, his heart aching at her pain. "It's okay princess, kuch nahi hua meri jaan." Feena hurried behind, her expression mirroring Murtasim's worry, despite it not being her fault.

Murtasim's eyes traced Meesam's form for any signs of injury. His anger flared when he saw her knee, slightly bleeding. His tone lashed out at Feena, "tumhe meesam ka khayal rakhne ke liye rakha hua hai! Dhyaan kaha tha thumara!" He roared, an unfair outlet for his frustration. Yet, the intensity of his love for Meesam was undeniable as he cradled her in his arms. Meesam wrapped her arms around her babas neck, holding him tight, and cried in pain. Murtasim held her close and rushed inside the house whispering words of comfort to his daughter.

*********

Murtasim stormed into the house, cradling Meesam tenderly as if she were the most precious thing in the world. He carefully laid her on the sofa chaise in his room, his gaze never leaving her tear-streaked face.

"Meerab! MEERAB!" he yelled.His agitation escalated when Meerab didn't appear immediately, and he called for her with increasing urgency.

Meerab's attention was pulled away from her work by the sound of Murtasim's voice, his call carrying a note of distress. She hurriedly made her way to the room, her heart skipping a beat at the sight of Meesam's tear-streaked face.
"Itni dair se bula raha hoon meerab! Kaha thi?" questioned murtasim.
"Wo main ma begum ke saath— wo sab choro, meesam ko kya hua hai." She said as she turned towards her daughter, her face contorted in concern.