Tiny Troubles

This is a continuation of the chapter "a delicate encounter"
Enjoy!
—————————————

In the dimly lit bedroom, Murtasim woke up to see his wife Meerab still peacefully asleep beside him. He checked his phone and noticed it was already 8:30 am. This was unusual since their daughter, Meesam, usually woke up at 6:00 am for her morning feed. But today, she hadn't.

Feeling concerned, Murtasim decided to check on Meesam. As he approached her crib, he noticed she was sleeping but whimpering in her sleep. His heart sank as he gently extended his hand to comfort her, only to feel her burning up with fever. Panicking, he immediately woke up Meerab, exclaiming, "meerab! Utho meesam ka maatha bohat garam hai. I think usse Bukhar hai!"

Meerab was startled awake, and without wasting a moment, she rushed to Meesam's crib. She placed her hand on Meesam's forehead and felt the intense heat radiating from her tiny body. With a sense of urgency, Meerab quickly went to the nearby drawer, pulling out a thermometer.

Murtasim's hands trembled as he watched Meerab place the thermometer in Meesam's mouth. His worry only deepened as he saw the digital reading showing a temperature of 100 degrees "Ab kya karein meerab? Doctor ko bulaon?" He asked anxiously.

Meerab, remaining composed despite her own concern, replied, "pehle humein bukhar ko kam karna chahiye, shayad ye vaccine ka hi side effect hai, aur Jo kal isne icecream kayi thi, uski vajah se bhi hosakta hai."

With swift actions, Meerab gently picked up Meesam and brought her to their bed. "Murtasim, AC band kar do please, meesam ko tand lage gi."She instructed while she grabbed Meesam's soft blanket.

Murtasim complied and joined meerab on her side of the bed, standing next to her. "Murtasim jao kitchen se tanda paani le ke aao, tandi pati lagane se bukhar kam hoga" instructed meerab.

He nodded his head and ran down to the kitchen as fast as he could. It was the early hours of the morning so no mulazims were up and working yet. He took a bowl and filled it with cold water and grabbed a few scraps of fabric then rushed back to his room. He walked in to see meerab stroking meesams head pushing her hair back. He walked up to her and placed the bowl on the bedside table next to meerab. He pulled up the ottoman and sat on it to prepare the cold compress.

"Murtasim pati do" said meerab. Murtasim handed her the cold piece of fabric and she brought it to meesams forehead.

Meesam lay on the bed, her tiny body wrapped in a blanket while Meerab gently applied the cold compresses to her forehead. Murtasim now sat on the other side, his heart heavy with worry and guilt. He couldn't shake the feeling that he had contributed to his daughter's discomfort.

"Meerab, Mujhe meesam ko kal icecream nahi dilane chahiye thi, agar main tumhari baat maan leta tho ye sab na hota." Murtasim said, his voiced tinged with regret.

Meerab looked up, her eyes soft with understanding. "Koi baat nahi murtasim. Thume konsa pata tha ke ye sab ho jayega. Hum sab meesam ko khush Dekhna chahte hain aur kabi kabi natija jaane bina faisle le letay hai."

"Lekin dekho tho, ab isse itna tez bukhar hai. Mujhe zyada mohtat rehna chahiye tha" Murtasim said, his voice cracking with emotion.

Meerab placed a comforting hand on his shoulder. "Tum ek bohat acche baba ho murtasim, tum meesam ki har khwaish puri karte ho. Aur wese bhi, galtiya tho insaano se hi hoti hai. Par ab meesam ki sehath zyada zaroori hai"

Meesam whimpered in her sleep, and Murtasim's heart sank further. He watched as Meerab continued to tend to their daughter with calm expertise.
"Aur kuch kar sakta hai kya?, bukhar kam karne ke liye?" Murtasim asked, feeling helpless.
"Hmmm meesam ko hydrated rakhna hai, main isse dropper se thora thora paani pilati hoon, phir agar bukhar na kam hua to doctor ko bula lengay."