Sunday Funday

Meerab's day had been a whirlwind of activities, with her energetic 2-year-old daughter, Meesam, keeping her on her toes. From the moment she woke up, Meesam demanded her undivided attention. It started with a messy breakfast, with Meesam playfully smearing food on her face and giggling. Meerab patiently fed her, making sure she ate enough to keep her energized for the day.

After breakfast, it was time for a shower. Meerab filled the tub with warm water, carefully bathing Meesam, who splashed and giggled in the water. She shampooed her tiny curls, rinsed them gently, and wrapped her in a soft towel. With meticulous care, she dressed Meesam, choosing a cute outfit that matched her own.

As Meerab entered their bedroom, a wave of weariness washed over her. She saw Murtasim sitting on the bed, a concerned look on his face. He had noticed her exhaustion and knew she needed a break. Without saying a word, he made secret plans for her with her friend Saba.

But as Murtasim was about to reveal his surprise, Meesam began to fuss and cry. Meerab hurried to console her, but Murtasim stepped in and gently took Meesam into his arms.

"Aao meri jaan baba ke paas aao." He cooed , soothing his little girl as he peppered her cheeks with kisses. Meerab looked up at Murtasim with a mixture of surprise and confusion.

"Meesam, aap ko pata hai, aaj baba ne mama ke liye aik surprise plan kiya hai." Murtasim said with a smile, his eyes glimmering with excitement. " Aap baba ke saath khoob mazay karo gi na?" He continued eliciting a smile from meesam, who seemed comforted in her fathers arms.

Meerab, still puzzled, asked, "kaisa surprise murtasim, aaj mere koi plans nahi hai"

Murtasim's smile widened as he revealed his plan. "Kuch dair main Saba tumhe lene arahi hai. Tum dono aaj kahi bahir jao ghoomne pirne. Maine sara intezaam kar diya hai. You deserve a break, jaan."

Meerab's annoyance melted into surprise and gratitude, but she couldn't help but worry. "Lekin meesam ka kya? Main usse akele chor ke to nahi ja sakti na."

Murtasim hugged Meesam a little tighter before replying "akeli to nahi hain, main hoon na. Main sambhal lunga. Hum dono baap beti saath waqt bithay gai. Tum jao enjoy karo."

After some initial hesitation, Meerab agreed to Murtasim's plan. She quickly freshened up and put on her shoes, still a bit apprehensive about leaving Meesam behind. She turned to Murtasim one last time before leaving the house. "Are you sure murtasim, tum meesam ko sambhal lo ge na. Bohat tang karegi tumhe."

Murtasim smiled reassuringly and said, "sab theek hoga meerab, main aur meesam bohat enjoy karenge tum bi Saba ke saath enjoy karna, you deserve it jaan."

With Meesam in his arms, Murtasim walked Meerab outside, where Saba was waiting in the car. Meerab gave Murtasim a quick peck on the lips and then leaned down to kiss Meesam's cheek. "Mama jaldi wapis ajayengi theek hai? , ok byeee love youuu."

Meesam watched as her mamma got into the car, her eyes welling up with tears. "Mama mama" whimpered meesam. Murtasim quickly whisked her inside, trying to divert her attention before she had a full-blown meltdown. He knew it wouldn't be easy, but he was determined to make their time together enjoyable.

Once inside, Murtasim fed Meesam her bottle, soothing her back to sleep as it was time for her nap. With Meesam asleep, he quietly tiptoed to his office, where he had some important files to work on. He knew he had to balance his responsibilities between his work and taking care of Meesam.

Meanwhile, Meerab and Saba had arrived at their favorite cafe. They took a seat and ordered their favorite dishes. Saba noticed the worry etched on Meerab's face and leaned in, concerned "meerab, tum theek ho? Bohat pareshan lag rahi ho"Saba asked, her voice filled with genuine care.

Meerab sighed, her eyes darting away for a moment. "Mujhe meesam ki fikr ho rahi hai, vo kabhi itni dair Mujhse door nahi rahi, pata nahi meri bachi kya kar rahi hogi." She confessed.

Saba reached out and held Meerab's hand, offering her reassurance. "Main samajh sakti hoon, par murtasim bhi meesam se utna pyaar karte hai jitna tum karti ho, wo bilkul theek hongay, tum ab pareshan mat ho, hum enjoy karne aaye hai, sara mood na kharab karo" laughed Saba.

Meerab smiled gratefully, finding solace in her friend's words. She decided to let go of her worries, at least for the day, and enjoy the time she had with Saba.

Back at home, Meesam woke up from her nap and started crying. Murtasim hurried to her room and picked her up, cradling her in his arms. He gently rocked her back and forth, a routine they followed every time Meesam woke up. "Sshhhhh baba hain na aap ke paas. Aise nahi rote. Meesam baba ki strong girl hai na. Bas mera baby chup, Rona nahi." The familiar motion and his comforting presence helped calm Meesam's cries.

Carrying Meesam, Murtasim took her to their room, where they sat on the floor and played together. In the cozy confines of their home, Murtasim cradled Meesam in his arms. He sat on the floor with her, surrounded by toys and building blocks. They played together, stacking the blocks as high as they could before they toppled over, causing both of them to erupt in laughter. Meesam's infectious giggles filled the room, momentarily easing Murtasim's fatigue.

After their block-building adventure, Murtasim arranged a little tea party for Meesam and her dolls. They sat on the floor, pouring imaginary tea and engaging in playful conversation with the dolls. Murtasim imitated different voices for each doll, making Meesam giggle uncontrollably.

As the day progressed, Murtasim and Meesam moved to Murtasims bedroom. Murtasim tucked Meesam into bed and sat beside her, holding a colorful storybook. His voice was gentle as he read aloud, taking Meesam on a whimsical journey through the pages. Gradually, Meesam's eyelids grew heavy, and she fell asleep, her small hand clutching onto her father's finger.

Murtasim also drifted off to sleep, the warmth of fatherhood and the tranquility of the moment lulling him into a peaceful slumber. The room filled with soft breathing and the sound of their heartbeats intertwining.

Hours later, the front door creaked open, and Meerab returned home from her day out with Saba. She entered the room, her steps careful not to disturb the sleeping duo. A smile adorned her face as she looked at Murtasim cradling Meesam in his arms, their faces peaceful in slumber.

Meerab walked closer, leaning over to ruffle Murtasim's hair gently, a silent gesture of appreciation and love. Her movement stirred Murtasim awake, and he blinked his eyes open, finding Meerab standing near the bed. He spoke in a hushed tone, mindful not to wake their daughter. "Meerab... tum kab vapis ayi? Din kaisa raha?"" he asked, curiosity and affection in his voice.

Meerab's smile widened, and she sat on the edge of the bed, sharing all the fun and memorable moments of her day with Murtasim. He listened attentively, his face beaming with pride and happiness.

In that moment, Meerab realized how lucky she was to have Murtasim by her side, a partner who understood her needs and supported her. And as they sat there, in the presence of their slumbering daughter, the love and unity between them felt stronger than ever before.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~how was it????
Hope you guys liked it!

ALSO IF YOU READ THE CHAPTER PLZ COMMENT AND VOTE SO I CAN KNOW IF YOU GUYS LIKE WHAT IM PUTTING OUT
thank you!

Feedback and suggestions are welcome

XOXO 🫶🏼🫶🏼🫶🏼