S i x

22nd January 2020

Continuation

Billie's POV

"Hey sorry I'm late" I said but came out more like a whisper because of how nervous I am. She looked happy but suddenly turned to confusion. "Let me just explain, Please?" she nodded and motioned for me to sit down opposite her.

As I sat down we made eye contact making my whole throat go dry. "So umm I don't know where to begin." I reasoned while looking down at the menu that's sat Infront of me wondering what to order taking my mind off the whole situation. With that the a waitress came over with the classic flipbook in her hand and a pen.

"Hi my name is Jen and I will be your waitress are both of you ready to order or would you like a minute."

"I'm ready "I said and then shifting my vision onto Eleanor. "Do you want anything. I'm paying" She smiled at me and ordered a side of chips while I ordered a gluten free and vegan burrito. The waiter walked away with our order meaning the part I forgot was still left to do. The explanation.

"Okay before I start I just want to let you know you can leave at any time. So I don't really know. I was feeling really lonely. Everyone around me was in a relationship apart from me so on my 18th which was a couple of days before we started talking I joined the dating app but obviously couldn't use my real name because of clout chasers or what not so I chose B since its close enough. Then the more we talked the more I knew I could trust you but there was something holding me back from actually doing it hence why you mainly only saw my ceiling when we would FaceTime. When I realised Christmas was around the corner we said we wouldn't get gifts but it was not until you mention your dad getting my CDs and merch when I thought of the whole idea of one more venue so you could say you have met me. I'm not going to lie I was thinking of not coming tonight but mainly because I'm terrified your going to stop talking to me because you liked the way the person you thought you were talking to looked like. Not the way I do" I said without breathing and let out the breathe that I was subconsciously holding.

As great timing the waitress came back with our food and both a free glass of water which led to us eating in the awkward silence. Every now and then I would glance at her to see her looking back at me then looking away once we made eye contact. "I'm so sorry El, I just didn't want to stop talking to you otherwise I would've told you sooner. I understand if you don't wanna talk to me after this but please I beg you not to share my number. Only my family, friends and you have it" I begged before calling the waitress for the bill and paid for the meal. I took once glance at her wondering whether she was going to talk before I slowly started to move out of the booth. I'm telling you there is no graceful way to get out of that shit.

Just as I stood up she finally spoke "Bil wait." I looked at her while she looked up trying to think of what to say clearly "I just. This is all a surprise. I've looked up to you for a year or so and for the last two weeks we've been all flirty and shit. I still want to talk to you and not because your billie Eilish but because I loved talking to B. All the late night talks and texting you when anything exciting happens or just texting you in general." She said causing me to smile.

"Could I maybe have a hug and we could like walk around and talk "I ask but kind of instantly regretting it since she already seems overwhelmed. She didn't say anything but shuffled out of the booth and hugged me "I would love too".

We walk out the restaurant and walked around the nearest park just talking when I had a sudden realisation. "WAIT! is Maddie ok? where is she?" I asked clearly worried which obviously made E chuckle. "She took an uber back to her house. Why the sudden concern?" she said still laughing at how concerned I was.

"I just umm saw the way you too comforted each other earlier and I know if anything happened to her you would be broken." I explained walking a little faster and mumbling my words regretting my concern as soon I spoke it. There was no response. Nothing Until I suddenly felt her hand in mine while she interlocked her fingers. "Your so sweet B. The way you care about everyone and people you barely know because of how the other person would feel." I felt my cheeks heating up leading me to walk on not even acknowledging the older girl putting her head on my shoulder as we walk.

I ended up walking E home with casual conversation things about her family that I didn't know about. We were soon greeted with what can be described as a cottage like house with a green front door. We stopped in front of the gate separating our hands but bringing me into a hug. "I hope to see you again B" she said before kissing me on the cheek and walking through the picket gate that heads to her house. "I'll text you" was the last thing she said before opening the door and shutting it behind her after she waved at me. Once the door shut I let out a chuckle and started to head home which was a 10 minute walk. "I really am falling for her huh"

-992 words