<8>

Without you, I'd be lost and bare
But with you, life is full and true
My heart sings with joy, with you here
My life is so much better with you.

Without you, I'd be lost and bareBut with you, life is full and trueMy heart sings with joy, with you hereMy life is so much better with you

Spear, bow, and sword.

There was no dagger in sight.

Judging my aim, I can prove to be exceptional with bow and arrow and my dainty physic hidden under these layers of clothing can prove to be perfect for this.

But personally, I want to use a sword.

What do I choose?

Looking at others, everyone was quick to make a choice. Almost everyone had picked the sword and spear. What do I pick?

If I want to survive in this place, I think I should pick a bow and arrow. And once I harness my sword skills, and train according to the book the merchant gave me, it could be one of my hidden skills.

That is a perfect plan!

With my head held high, I walked confidently towards the bow and arrow, picking the wooden weapon up, my legs started to guide me towards the target.

A hiss escaped my lips when something hard slammed against the back of my skull. My hand immediately went to the targeted spot.

Who in the world?

Turning around, I spotted Khulaid laughing while munching on his red apple.

This . . . This . . This man!

How dare he throw a rock at me!? How childish can he get?

"You going to do something about it?" Khulaid mocked me, his voice catching the attention of the few men around us.

Grinding my teeth, I raised my Bow, loading an arrow on it and taking aim.

My mouth threatened to spill vile words but I had to keep it shut. I could not blow my cover not now. Not at this point when I am so close!

"I dare you, I dare you to sho-"

And I released the arrow.

Thwack!

There was silence for a moment. The apple that rested in Khulaid's hand a minute ago was now plastered on the tree behind him with the arrow in it.

He was asking for it!

I felt eyes on me and my breathing that came out ragged a while ago started to calm down.

Before I could release another breath, cheers started around me and my eyes frantically watched people's faces as they cheered for me.

Was this truly that amazing?

"Quiet!" A raged Khulaid shouted yet no one heed his words as they were too busy cheering. It seemed almost forced, maybe no one like Khulaid here so they were purposely riling him up by over-appreciating me.