<18>

You know that tingly little feeling you get when you like someone? That is your common sense leaving your body.

Sitting under the moonlight, I tied the pieces of rope I had gathered from different soldiers.

My plan was to make a large net that covers a large area easily. Somewhat 10 feet in length and width. If I can find oil used to light stoves on fire in these houses, it will make my plan all the more successful.

The stars twinkled above me and slow wind cools my body down.

It has been days since I last showered but it did not really bother me. There were many things to be planned knowing I had thrown myself in a very complicated and mighty mess.

When the daylight hits, it is very likely that we will be attacked again and this time, with reinforcements of the enemy. If the retreated at night, that definitely meant either they have achieved their goal or maybe they saw no favor in continuing like that.

They did have the numbers, but now I am almost completely sure that whoever was the new emperor in their empire was not an experienced one. Instead of using their numbers properly, they sent them to their deaths because of poor planning and leading.

If only they were smarter about this, I might not be standing here alive.

A sudden crunch brought me back to the reality and I raised my head in the direction of the sound.

One of the soldier from my battalion knelt down beside me, wordlessly starting to contribute. He caught on my work quickly and started securing the ends with tight knots.

Tilting my head, he noticed my stare and looked at me, "I could not sleep. Rather than lying like that, I thought it would be better to do something and then I saw you." Nodding at his explanation, I continued my task.

"The wounded soldiers in Khulaid's battalion do not look good. Even after treating them, I doubt they will be able to take part in the battle if it happens tomorrow. We all mig-" My ears just could not handle his thoughts so I was forced to stop him by placing a hand on his shoulder.

His eyes connected with mine and I slowly shook my head. Pointing at myself, I tried to give him a reassuring look.

I hope my wordless look told him what my lips could not say. "Nothing will happen to us! We will make it out alive, believe me!"

A couple of more feet sounded in our direction and both the guy with me and I looked up.

More soldiers from my battalion and a smile took over my lips.