Inspiring Spoken Feelings

I want to write poetry like they did back in the nineties.

That Love Jones poetry, that "I want to give you all of me" type melody.

The words they use having some sort of metaphorical meaning like, "boy come over here and bang this drum making for a sensual beating as I rap along with our bodies, producing the best kind of music, as my lyrical juices flow with every stroke of the single string you've attached to me."

The poetry that you can feel when it's not even directed to you.

The connection being so strong and the feelings expressed so in depth you can't help but to get swept off your feet.

Eating up the words of whoever could spit something so sweet.

That real love poetry.

The words that can teach you something.
Differing from anything you'd learn in a school, something related to real world occurrence.

From being manipulated and lied to, to surviving and struggling with oppression.

Those shared feelings of being treated as less than.

and the related feeling to falling in love and being abandoned.

and falling in love again after being heart broken.

or those sweet feelings of childhood memories and telling the tale of your first hookup and fling.

or even explaining the darkness of a wandering mind in the midst of a falling society.

I want to write something that'll reach somebody.. after hearing me speak I want them to be like "dang.. that was deep."

Standing and sharing my feelings and what's inspired me to build up the courage to speak is what's most important.

To let people know that they're not alone is the ultimate goal.

Home is where the heart is and I say, yours no longer has to roam because I've opened the pages to my journal and turned on the screen to my phone and allowed you into my humble adobe.

I want to write poetry like they did back in the nineties because back then, it seems that everyone had a better understanding.

Carefree but yet so demanding.

You weren't asked for your attention it was grasped by everything being said.

People listened and spoke with intention.

and that's everything.. I aspire to be.

To lead just by talking.

- LaDonna
8/21/2023