"I love you"

It is not always "I love you."

Sometimes it is just a love I have, overflowing from my cup being full and I can no longer balance the weight of my giving heart and steady it's beat, so you then receive the love that pours out of me.

It's not always "I love you."

I have love, and you just so happen to be there in those moments I'm willing to share my most prized possession and thing I hold dear.

It's not always "I love you."

I believe that if you're experiencing any kind of saddened feeling then you should show others their importance and that within itself will bring an emotional healing.

So I do that for you.

I'd always do that for you,
even when I cannot do it for myself.

Sending sweet messages of encouragement and making sure that you know I'll always be here in supportiveness.

Or maybe it won't be a voiced kind of thing, sometimes my expression of deep feeling can be more pertaining to physical dealings.

Things that surround my comfort level.. a reassuring hand held squeeze, a swing of them as we walk side by side, or a sly smirk as we sit knee to knee.

A hug that feels like it will never end.

A kiss almost worth falling into the deep end.

Simply staring into the brown of your eyes.. silence surrounding us and the chemistry telling no lies.

It's not always "I love you."

Three words so often used.

Sometimes it's,
"I was thinking about you."
"I was worried for you."
"I'd just like you to know I care about you."
"I'm here for you."
"I'm sorry..."
"I miss you."

and through grief, a love with nowhere to go turned to anger with every right to show, it could be,

"I hate you."

and I promised myself I'd never say those words to you.

How could I hate what I once knew as the greatest feeling of that thing we all wish for and when fallen in, don't mind staying.

Love.

It's not always "I love you."

But for me, it will always be.

Even if it goes unexpressed, even if we sometimes disconnect or even forget.

When I see those eyes.

When the lips I remember feeling so intimately curve into a smile, I won't be able to control the flooding memories.

The way you walk clouding my brain and allowing your name to run laps faster than the train of my thoughts.

Having reasons of why we no longer talk may be evident, but the reason of my formed connection with you never lost.

because,
I love you.

- LaDonna
10/7/2023