Memories

You ask me what I think of often.. and though I say nothing I still wonder if you take the time to pick at the expression on my face during my every day living..

Can you pinpoint the pieces of me that I gained from you, can you tell that a lot of my worries stem from caring for you.

When I'm gone for too long I end up feeling blue.. ringing your phone to tell you how much I miss you, and checking in, hearing the tiredness in your voice, just knowing that your still not taking your health serious.

I need you.

You've taught me to love someone who always leaves...

You've taught me that you can't care about a person more than they love themself because no matter how much I try to express, you still will never be able to guess how much I wish I could help.

I wish I could change your mind and go back in time for you to do better for yourself.

I am scared everyday that you'll be gone before you can see me prosper.

With one blink of your eye whenever you get the chance, one day you won't be able to reach out, touch my hand and smile and get up to do it again.

These moments I hope you cherish just as much as me.

Even though it may be hard for you to see.. I can't live without my mommy.

It's hard to breathe knowing you're hurting.

You've taught me to hold on to every moment you receive from anybody.. because when they leave.. all you're left with is the memories.

- LaDonna
8/23/2023