Chaper 1- family??

SCARLET'S POV

I sit on the roof of my foster home and think back on my live. Why did I not have a childhood? Why did I not have a loving family? Why was I abused, raped, and thrown away like I was nothing?

One of the worst feelings ever is being in your own house and feeling like you need to go home. But this isn't my house.

When I look at the time I see it's 6:30am

SHIT!!

I had to have breakfast ready by now!

I jump up and freeze, because the pain that shot through my three broken ribs, the wip marks on my back are burning and the cut on my left leg stings. It's all from my foster "father", yesterday.

When I am stable again I run down and make breakfast as quickly as possible, but I'm to late, because I hear my foster "father" coming down stairs for breakfast and I'm not done.

When he sees that breakfast is not ready yet, he grabs me by the hair and throws me against the wall. I fall down and see him came closer...

Before he could do anything I shoot up sweat dripping from my forehead.

Another nightmare.

I get up and take a cold shower, because he says I'm not worth it enough to use warm water. After my icey shower I get out and dry myself off, care full not to irritate my wounds more.

I don't look in the mirror and just walk to my closet. I quickly finish my morning routine and go down to make breakfast, but see it's only 3:30am in the morning

I sigh.

I make breakfast and go to school. Fun fact I'm 16 and a junior. One year to go of school and two more before I can finally be free from my foster "family".

---

When school is finally over I go "home". Before I can go into the house I see police outside the house and panic. What if they are here to take me away, because my family blamed me for something that I didn't do?

I go up to a officer and ask "Is everything alright here?" The officer looks at me and comes closer as I take a step back. "Scarlet Jhanson?"the officer asks. "Yes?"I answer him not sure why he is asking for my name.

He came over to me, and leeds me to a place to sit. What he tells me next tuns my whole world and plans for the future upside-down.

"Your foster family died in a accident on the way home. Do you have any one that you can stay with? Seeing as you are only 16 years old." Said the officer and I shake my head no. I'm speechless.

I'm free from my foster "family ".

The officer looks at me and tells me to get everything I want to keep, then to go with them to the station for a DNA test.

When we get to the station I take the test and wait.

---