Chapter 2 Breaking into Area 99

3rd POV

One morning at the Thorndyke Mansion, Chris was on the phone with his mother while Sonica watches this from the roof, looking bored. Y/N can be seen floating next to Sonica and Sonic with an expression that says boredom or his unamused face.

Lindsey: [On the phone] Oh, this picture has been a disaster, darling! A complete disaster! We've had to stop shooting because there's been torrential rain for days so there's nothing I can do besides sit and wait. I don't think I'll be back 'til late next week at the earliest. But I had plenty of time to go shopping and I'm having lots of wonderful presents that I hope you'll like them. They're coming on daddy's jet so you should have them tonight!

Chris: Thanks, Mom. Mom, there's something I have to - well, there's something I did which I'm kinda not supposed to.

Lindsey: Christopher, what happened?! Are you all right?!

Chris: Yeah, I'm totally fine. But remember about how you've said about that I'm not allowed to swim at night and how you wanted me to stay away from the adult pool?

Lindsey: Did you go swimming in the adult pool at night all by yourself?!

Chris: Um, well... not exactly. You see, there is this "cat" in the pool and I got it out.

Lindsey: Oh, you have a big heart just like I do. Next time, ring for Mr. Tanaka and he'll take care of it, all right? Oh darling, I must run. Kiss mummy goodbye [Kissing sounds between Chris and Lindsey]. Ciao, sweetheart.

Chris hangs up phone as Sonica jump onto the balcony. While Y/N just stands next to Sonica.

Sonica: Take a good look, I'm a hedgehog, not a cat!

Y/N: I'm a Rabbit Hedgehog Chris. I find that to be weird.

Chris: Um, I know. Please don't be mad. You see, my mom wouldn't understand.

Sonica: Why wouldn't she?

Chris: Well first of all, she knows that I wouldn't risk diving into a pool in the middle of the night just to save a little rabbit hedgehog.

Sonica and Sonic: Really?

Y/N: Pretty much.

Chris: What else could I say to her? I couldn't tell it that I saved a blue, talking rabbit hedgehog. That reminds me! Where and when did you learn how to talk, Sonica, Sonic and Y/N?

Sonica: Good question. Unfortunately, I don't have a very good answer because I don't remember.

Sonic: I don't remember either.

Y/N: I... have no clue to be exact.

The phone rings.

Chris: Hello?

Nelson: Chris, is everything alright?

Chris: Hey dad, how are you?

Nelson: I'm fine but your mother just called and told me that you made an emergency rescue last night. I guess our security system can't protect against stray cats that decide they want to go for a midnight swim. Chris, I know you like animals but what you did was dangerous. Were you hurt? Did the cat scratch you while you were trying to save it?

Chris: No scratches at all. I'm fine, Dad. Honest, I am. It wasn't really that big a deal. After I jumped in and got it out of the water, it was really happy. I can tell.

Nelson: Yeah, gotcha, yeah-

Chris: Besides, I could've had Grandpa or Ella or Mr. Tanaka to help me if I needed to. Don't worry, Dad. They're taking good care of me.