32. At the Movies

Sunday afternoon, the group planned on seeing a movie. Since he was heading that way anyway, Ben offered to drive Megan, Drew, and Jake. Megan had been a little nervous about it at first, but it was actually no big deal. About five minutes before they were supposed to leave, Jake popped down to the front porch and rang the doorbell. After that, it was just a matter of waiting for Ben to take them.

"Hey, Jake." Drew said when he saw the genie sitting in the living room with Megan.

"Hey, Drew." Jake replied casually.

"You ready?" Megan asked Drew.

"Soon as Ben comes downstairs." Drew shrugged, making himself comfortable.

Megan just nodded. She still felt a little weird about him and Jake being friends, but she was doing her best to get over it. At least she didn't have to wait too long before Ben was ready to go. They piled into the car, and before she knew it, they were pulling up to the front of the theater.

"Just give me a call when you need me to pick you up."

"Ok." Megan nodded absentmindedly as she turned towards the movie theater. Ben pulled away and Megan turned towards Jake.

"You're paying, right?" Megan asked casually as they got in line. Jake stared at her a little coolly for a minute.

"Really?" he asked flatly.

"What?" she feigned innocence.

"So I just pay for everything we do now?" he asked.

"Sure, why not?" she grinned.

"I just don't remember it being something we agreed on."

"Really? I thought it was part of that...second thing." she checked out of the corner of her eye that Drew wasn't paying attention. "Besides, it's not like it really costs you anything."

"True." he smirked.

"Glad that's settled."

"You know, if you're not careful, I could start to think I was being used." he grinned wickedly. Megan just laughed.

"You guys are weird." Drew mumbled.

Since he was already buying Megan's ticket, Jake figured he might as well get Drew's too, which of course made Drew's day.

"Megan!" someone shouted.

Megan looked towards the doors and saw Tara waving her over to where the group had gathered. As they approached, Megan caught herself looking over at Jen. She couldn't help but notice Jen had her jaw set and was glaring daggers at Jake.

"Everything alright?" Megan asked.

"Fine." Jen said, but she didn't look it. She put her hand lightly on Greg, eyes never leaving Jake. Jake just looked at her and grinned.

"I'm glad to hear it." he told her.

His eyes sparked and Megan's went wide. For a second there, he looked like the same trickster she'd first let out of the bottle a little over a month ago. But just as soon as she'd seen it, the look was gone. Jake didn't seem to notice what Megan saw.

"Long time no see." Jake told Greg.

"Oh yeah." Greg laughed. "Actually, I didn't see you last night after Kurt started puking."

"I did not!" Kurt told him, but Greg ignored him.

"Yeah, things got a little hectic around then." Jake nodded. "That's about when I found Megan – I didn't get a chance to catch up with you after that."