Chapter 42

(A/N: Ok, so this is the first chapter of Salazar's Revenge or Dead Men Tell No Tales, whichever you prefer. And before we get to it, I'd like to point out that Carina is not going to be Barbossa's daughter because then that means she falls in love with her nephew and this is not Game of Thrones. Hope you enjoy. XxD)

*****************************************************************

Five years had passed since the events at the Fountain of Youth, since the acquisition of Blackbeard's former ship and now the name Barbossa was one that was feared across the sea as Hector became Commodore of a fleet of over ten ships, not including the Pearl of course. And as Henry reached the age of manhood, he was finally permitted to go off in search of his own leads of Poseidon's Trident. With the promise that he kept in contact with his mother.

For it was just like the dead man's chest and the key. They knew what they needed to find the treasure, they just didn't know how to find it. It was literally called The Map That No Man Could Read. The map that was said to lead to the Trident. In theory then, it would stand to reason that a woman should be able to read it but still, Cora had no idea where the map would be. But she would never stop searching.

And neither would her son.

Which was how he ended up in a marine uniform in a dungeon somewhere, looking for a very specific pirate. A pirate he believed could help him with the help of a compass he had only heard about in stories.

There was a reason why they couldn't find Jack Sparrow on the seas in many years, for he had lost his touch. He had stayed on land to drink his guts away in the years since the Fountain.

"Jack Sparrow," Henry called into the cell, seeing the back of Jack's coat and hat. "I need to speak with you," he announced, his voice maintaining an English accent that he'd had to adopt over the past few years sailing on British ships as his grandfather once did. When Henry received no reply, he rolled his eyes in annoyance before turning around at the sound of footsteps nearby, only for an arm to wrap around his neck.

"Hand me your sword," Jack demanded.

"No," Henry rasped.

Jack squeezed a little tighter. "I don't believe that choice to be in your best interest," he remarked.

"I'm currently wanted for treason. I not be parting with me only weapon," Henry explained with a strained voice. "But ye will be parting with me!"

And Henry tightened his grip on Jack's arm as he pulled it down with as much force as he could muster, forcing the metal bar of the cage door to dig into Jack's arm as he was forced to let go. Henry ducked under Jack's arm as he held his neck, swallowing big breaths of air as Jack held his arm and cursed the boy.

"Ye don't seem as grand as the stories," Henry remarked, his accent completely gone and his annoyance flaring. "The great Jack Sparrow some drunk in a cell. No ship. No crew."

"Who says I don't have a ship or a crew?"

"Do ye?"

"A great pirate does not require such intricacies," Jack remarked.

"What about pants?"

"That neither."

"Right. I be only askin' one more time. Are ye Jack Sparrow?" Henry asked again, his eyes dark.

"I just so happen to be the amazing Captain Jack Sparrow, but the real question is, who are you? You talk like a pirate."

"That be because I am a pirate," Henry said proudly. "I am Henry Barbossa Turner. Son of Will Turner and Cordelia Barbossa."

Jack seemed stunned and slightly disgusted. "Darling Delia really respawned with that?"

"Those be my parents ye be talking about. And I bet ye wouldn't be saying things like that to me mother's face?" he challenged, and Jack was quiet. "Look, I didn't come here to make small talk. Mother and I have found a way to free my Father from the curse of the Dutchman. The Trident of Poseidon."

"Ah," Jack remarked. "The treasure to be found with The Map That No Man Can Read."

"We be needing no map," Henry said. "All we need is yer compass."

"Ah," Jack repeated. "Well, you're out of luck on that front. Traded it for a bottle o' rum."

"Ye did what?!" Henry thundered and Jack took a step away from the bars.

"You are definitely Delia's offspring," he commented, having seen the same dark look in the eyes of his niece many times over.

Henry went to bang on the bars but reminded himself better of it since he was trying to keep a low profile as he took a calming breath.

"If ye truly do not have yer compass, then I am left with Plan B. There be a girl inside this prison who holds The Map That No Man Can Read. The moon has turned to blood, the Trident will be found, and ye are gonna help me find it."

"And why would I be doing that?" Jack asked with a smirk that Henry copied, except it was eviller.

"Because I didn't just come for yer compass. I also bear a message from someone ye know. A Captain Salazar. Ring any bells?"

Jack made a face as he said, "I once knew a Spaniard named...something in Spanish."

And Henry spoke the Spanish name perfectly as he picked at his fingernails before repeating it in English. "The Butcher of the Sea."

"Him? No, no," Jack said a little nervously as he stood next to his coat and hat and stared out the barred window of his cell. "Quite happily, he's dead. Very, very dead. Ship went down."

"But it went down inside the Devil's Triangle," Henry pointed out. "He is undead. The very same way ye and me grandfather was once, long ago on the Isla de Muerta. But where the shadows and the light of day concealed ye true visage, where ye curse was broken using me Father's blood, Salazar remains undead for all eternity. And he's coming for ye, Jack. He seeks revenge as the dead man's tale is told."

"I don't believe you," Jack countered before he returned to grip the bars of his cell door. "What did he say?"

"He said yer compass was the key to his escape. An army of the dead are coming for ye, Jack Sparrow. And the Trident of Poseidon is yer only hope. That is why ye will help me. Now do we have an accord?"

And Jack simply stared at the man.