Chapter 91 : Lovers

"Malini, how does Samragni look like?" Maharani Sudeshna asks.

Draupadi sighs. Sudeshna is always curious about her. Not only her but also her daughter Uttara. Uttara bombers Arjun with questions about her and Arjun shamelessly answers all that sometimes looking at her smirking.

But what is she supposed to tell about herself to Sudeshna?

"Maharani, the whole Aryavarta knows how she looks like," Draupadi smiles nervously.

"We only heard descriptions about her. But we didn't see her. My brother saw her once in Devapath. From that day he sighs all the time and says there's no use of this wealth and power unless she is here," Sudeshna says excitedly.

"Samragni wouldn't find this as a very pleasant matter, Maharani. It's very wrong for your brother to have such thoughts about a married woman," Draupadi says sternly.

Sudeshna looks down in guilt. What can she say? Her brother doesn't listen at all.

"Tell me one thing, Malini. Were they never jealous about her? I heard all five of them loved her immensely. So they shared her and it never bothered them?" Sudeshna asks curiously.

"I never felt something like that," Draupadi says honestly.

They were jealous of course. But occasionally. It never lasted long. Not any incident happen in jealousy worth mentioning.

"What a noble woman she is!" Sudeshna exclaims.

After Draupadi came out of of Sudeshna's chamber, she went to the secret place that six of them meet. Seeing her Arjun bursted into laughter.

"Panchali, what did Maharani wanted to know about Samragni Panchali today?"

Draupadi looks down a bit embarrassed.

"Jyest, all Uttara asks me is about Panchali. Panchali this, Panchali that. She admires you so much," Arjun laughs.

Others shared a good laugh as well.

"Are you five done?" Draupadi asks.

"How can we be done? The moment Uttara meet me she will want to discover another thing about you," Arjun teases.

"The maids here always talk about you as well," Nakul piped in.

"Okay okay enough. Arya Bheem what did you tell the king?" Draupadi charges.

"About what, priye?" Bheem brushes away a strand of hair from her face.

"Your profession. Why did you tell that you used to entertain the Samrat by showing your skills?" Draupadi asks.

"Panchali, seeing my built, they didn't believe at first that I am a cook only. I had no choice," Bheem explains.

Yudhisthir also stood at the corner worried. Arjun finally understood something.

"Jyest, Panchali what's wrong?" Arjun asks.

"Maharaj wants to see your skills. So a week later he will conduct a feast with nearby kings where you need to fight with wild elephants and tigers," Draupadi says.

"Panchali, are you doubting Bhrata Bheem's strength?" Nakul asks.

"You can't show your full strength here. They will know," Yudhisthir says.

"It's okay, Panchali. I will play it low," Bheem places a soft kiss on her forehead.

Draupadi blushes red in front of others. She's still not used to them showing her affection so openly. But she couldn't remove the worry she felt as Bheem has to fight.