Chapter 111 : Her Highness Samragni Draupadi

Draupadi ascends on her throne and her husbands sits on their thrones around her. Though the 100 day celebration is going on, Draupadi didn't permit her sons to declare vacation to the sabha. The sabha goes on as usual. And the day has come finally when the girl's husband, son has arrived in Devapath. 

"I heard your wife's side of story. Tell me yours as well," Draupadi orders. 

"Samragni, how can a woman roam around without her husband? I don't know where she went before going to her father's home," the husband's voice shook. He didn't expect his wife to make a huge deal out of this.

"Weren't your son with your wife?" Draupadi asks. 

"He was. But a mother is still a mother no matter what she does. There's no guarantee he won't lie for his mother," the husband glares at his wife. 

"You and your wife told me the same story. I ask you, why do you doubt your wife so much?" Draupadi asks again. 

The husband felt the atmosphere is positive for him, "Why won't I, Samragni? A female heart is never satisfied. She might ran off with someone who is wealthier and stronger than me." 

"I get it. She has so many duties. A female must be obedient and have no pride while entering her husband's home. She must be ready to serve him under every circumstances,"  Draupadi says. 

"Indeed Samragni. And if a man doesn't get it he has every right to look for solace in another's arms. Besides we have been married for 5 years. If she is unbending to my order, I shall take another wife," the man announces proudly. 

Prativindhya and his brother's sigh at his foolishness. He doesn't know he is selling himself out.

"I get it. Your wife must prove her innocence," Draupadi announces.

The husband looks victoriously at his wife. His gaze was full with arrogance and pride. The woman looks up hurt evident in her eyes.

"But you must do a small task before your wife proves herself,"

The husband looks at Draupadi's direction in anticipation.

"Prove your innocence first. Go enter the holy fire and if you return alive, your wife must prove herself too,"

The sabha was so silent people forgot to even breath.

"Wh...what? Samragni, why must I?" the husband stutters.

"What do you mean? You were alone for 2 entire days without your wife. You must also prove your loyalty towards her first if you want her to do the same," Draupadi raises her eyebrows.

"I...a man? Prove myself? I have no obligation to prove her anything," the husband yells looking at his wife.

"Then what obligation does she has to prove herself?"

"She is a woman,"

"I can see she is a woman. What about that?" Draupadi is now barely holding onto her temper.

"She should be proving herself. Even Mata Sita proved her innocence,"

"Quit bringing an example that doesn't fit the situation. Are you Raja Rama? Was your wife kidnapped? Did you fight with anyone to bring her back? And even if Mata Sita proved her innocence, she didn't live with her honor being scattered, I hope you know that," Draupadi stands up.

The husband was sweating profusely. What just happened? A few moments ago the sabha seemed to be on his side then now why is this pressure.

"Only a thief doubts someone as a thief. Prove yourself first and I assure you she will follow,"