𝟐 | 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞 & 𝐣𝐚𝐜𝐤

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞 𝐩𝐨𝐯

Getting up from bed this morning was difficult. On the days where I plan to be productive and get things done this always happens, but the show must go on. I quickly brush my teeth and get dressed in some light-washed jeans with a maroon off-the-shoulder long sleeve. Usually on days when I plan to film a video I go for something comfy since I spend at least an hour or two on that and start to edit after. Once I'm done putting my hair in a fishtail braid, I head downstairs to the kitchen and find Em finishing up some pancakes and blasting music.

"Good morning Charlie. How'd you sleep last night?" Em greets me from over her shoulder as I take a seat at the kitchen island. "Hey Em, I slept great. I didn't even wanna get up, but it's a filming day so gotta push through." Em passes me a plate with two pancakes and some bacon and eggs. Em is probably the best cook out of the two of us because I can barely manage to keep anything from burning when I make something.

"Ugh that reminds me, I need to plan out a few videos for next month and edit the one I filmed to upload tomorrow." Emilie takes her plate and sits next to me. I take my phone out, pull up our favorite crime show on Netflix, and place it in between us. Whenever we're not filming or have any plans outside of the house, we stick to watching a bunch of true crime documentaries or movies, depending on what sounds good at the time. After watching about five minutes of the show I decided to talk to Em about what happened last night. "I saw the video you sent me last night and let me just say, I can't believe you caught that interaction on camera." I look over at Em and see a big smile on her face, proud of her work.

"I know right? Somehow I managed to catch only that goal on video and Jack looking at you and you sending him a smile and a thumbs up. It felt like a cute moment straight out of a book." What are the odds that Em was unsuccessful in filming other Devils' goals, but managed to capture Jacks with no issue? "I decided to do some 'research' on Jack 'cause, you know, he's not bad to look at, and uh now I follow him on Instagram." I look back down at my plate, take a bite of my pancake, and wait for Emilie to process what I just said to her.

"WAIT WHAT? Please for the love of God tell me you did him." For the third time in the last twenty-four hours, Em turned to face me, grabbed my arms, and shook me with the hope that my answer was yes. "Em are you insane? I didn't do the guy and I don't know if I will. He most likely doesn't even remember who I am so what's the point? I'm just gonna embarrass myself and look like an idiot." It's moments like these that make me think that there's something wrong with me. Who cares if he might not remember who I am? It wouldn't hurt to see if he remembers me, but the fear of embarrassing myself is much greater.

Once I finish my breakfast I wash my plate and let Em know that I'm heading upstairs to film. If I get started now I might be able to at least edit half if not the whole video to upload it by tomorrow. Little did I know that as I headed to my room to film my video, I left my phone downstairs with Em and her determination to play matchmaker.

𝐣𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐩𝐨𝐯

This morning Luke and I didn't have practice so we both decided to watch some highlights from last night's game, each of us with a bowl of cereal. I feel like I should tell Luke about my encounters with the mystery girl at last night's game. When we got home last night I didn't get a chance to tell him since we were both tired and in dire need of sleep. I have no idea what possessed me to look at the girl and smile at her multiple times last night.

Once a commercial break comes up I decide it's time to tell Luke and see what he thinks I should do. "Hey Luke, so at last night's game there was this girl that I looked at a few times and I haven't been able to stop thinking about her. I have no idea who she is and I don't think I've ever seen her at any of the other games either. What should I do?" Luke's face looks like he's processing what I said and trying to find an answer.