𝟑 | 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞 & 𝐣𝐚𝐜𝐤

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞 𝐩𝐨𝐯

For over an hour after my worry that Jack might be like Chris, Emilie talks me down and assures me that Jack isn't like that. She showed me a few videos of Jack and his family in interviews to help relax my mind from my overthinking. After we finished watching the last video Em asked me if I felt better. "Yeah, I do. Jack seems like a great and sweet guy." Emilie does a quick little clap of excitement. "Char please don't let yourself sabotage your happiness. You're my best friend and you deserve all the happiness in the world. Keep talking to Jack and see where it goes." Emilie is right.

I can't allow myself to sabotage any bit of happiness that comes my way just because of something that happened a few years ago. No matter what happens between Jack and me, whether we become friends or more, I know he's someone I want to get to know.

𝐣𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐩𝐨𝐯

iMessage
the three musketeers
Quinn - huggy 🐻
Luke - moose 🫎
Jack - rowdy 👹

moose 🫎 quinnnnnn

moose 🫎 jack is talking to a girl

huggy 🐻 what since when? jack explain yourself

rowdy 👹 luke do you just ever shut up?

huggy 🐻 jack I asked a question now answer

rowdy 👹 yes I'm talking to a girl who was at the game last night

huggy 🐻 oh so you've never actually talked to her

rowdy 👹 quinn, are you stupid? no, I haven't

rowdy 👹she found me on ig and dmed me this morning

huggy 🐻 interesting so when do we get to meet her? What's her @?

moose 🫎 yeah jack when can we meet her?

moose 🫎 quinn it's @charlottemitchell

rowdy 👹 the answer to that question is hopefully never

rowdy 👹 you two idiots would scare her off

huggy 🐻 we both know luke would be the one to scare her

moose 🫎 quinn we're supposed to be attacking jack, not you guys attacking me

huggy 🐻 moose you know it's true

moose 🫎 whatever I hate you guys

huggy 🐻 she's pretty rowdy

rowdy 👹 yeah I know she is, now please don't blow up her comments

moose 🫎 aww he's blushing huggy

rowdy 👹 I'm leaving this conversation now

"Luke, did you have to tell Quinn all of that?" I wasn't exactly mad at Luke for telling Quinn. Luke thinks something serious is gonna come from Charlotte and me talking, but for now, a friendship with her would be enough for me. She's a pretty girl and she seems sweet. "Jack if I didn't tell Quinn then how are we supposed to help you?" Luke's face shows a genuine look of confusion. I truly wonder why I bother with Luke sometimes.

"You guys aren't going to help me. Charlotte and I are most likely only gonna be friends and that's fine." Once those words leave my mouth there's a pit in my stomach, as if my body caught me in a lie. Looking at Luke's face I can't tell if he thinks I'm lying, but the next words that leave his mouth give me my answer. "J we both know damn well that you have some sort of feelings for Charlotte. Quinn and I are going to help you whether you like it or not." I can only sigh in reply because I know Quinn and Luke aren't going to leave me alone no matter what I tell them.

About an hour later, after a long Facetime call with Quinn, both of my brothers encouraged me to ask Charlotte to hang out on Tuesday since we have a game tomorrow and practice on Monday.

Instagram

jackhughes Hey Charlotte would you be down to hangout on Tuesday?

charlottemitchell Hey Jack, sure what were you thinking?

jackhughes I was thinking we could go to IHop and then go from there?

charlottemitchell sounds good. see you tuesday jacky 😊♡

~
𝕒𝕦𝕥𝕙𝕠𝕣𝕤 𝕟𝕠𝕥𝕖
Heyyy this was a bit of a shorter chapter, but hopefully the next one will be a little longer. Thank you so much for 250 reads I really appreciate it. Also, a huge thank you to anyone who has added my story to their reading lists!

I love you all thank you for everything 🤍