𝟏𝟕 | 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞

Jack and I just flew into Toronto for the All-Star Weekend tonight. Despite hoping, Jack won't be able to participate in the skills competition and the game that'll take place on the third and final day. Although he was upset at first, Jack was excited to at least be able to draft up a team with Quinn, Micheal Buble, and Quinn's teammate, Elias Pettersson. To say I'm excited about being in Toronto with Jack would be the biggest understatement. This is gonna be one of the first times Jack and I are together with thousands of hockey fans around us publically witnessing our relationship, but I'm here more for Jack and to watch him enjoying himself.

Since the day he booked our flights, he's been talking non-stop about how he's always enjoyed being chosen as an All-Star, but this year he would be there to experience a lot of it with Quinn. He said that it was disappointing that Luke wouldn't be there too, but after talking to Luke myself, Luke told me he had no problem missing out since he'd be back in Michigan hanging out with his friends. We were staying in a nice hotel where other players were staying and it was nicer than any other hotel I've stayed in when I've traveled quite the distance for sponsorship events.

Walking into the room, Jack and I were met with a California king-sized bed in the middle of the room with an ensuite bathroom with a huge shower, tub, and double sink vanity. The window near the bed gave us a beautiful view of the city. "Jack, this room is huge! Look at the view, it's beautiful." Leaving my suitcase next to Jack, I walk towards the window, eyes wide looking out at the street below and the buildings around us. It was dark out, but the lights of all the buildings in the city were shining bright, cars driving below and traffic lights changing colors. In my amazement with the view, I failed to feel Jack's presence behind me until he wrapped his arms around my waist from behind. He placed his chin on my shoulder, looking at the same view I had already been looking at.

"Yeah it's a pretty nice view, but there's an even prettier one I'm seeing right now." He snuggles a little more into my shoulder, his arms unmoving from my waist. "Oh yeah, what's that?" I leaned my head towards his still looking out the window, waiting for his response.

"You." He whispers in my ear and my face heats up. I bring my head back upright and slightly move it away to see his face. "Oh my God shut up you cheesy dork." My hand jokingly pushes his head away at Jack's cheesiness and he laughs at my reaction. Jack loves to be a little cheesy and that's become a common thing with us. He'll be cheesy and I'll call him a dork and eventually, we'll both end up laughing.

"Charlotte Mitchell, my beautiful girlfriend, will you go on a date with me tomorrow night?" Jack stands in front of me holding both of my hands. His face holds a sweet smile with a slight nervous undertone, waiting to hear my answer. Even though we've been together for almost two months now, Jack still gets a little nervous when he asks me on dates. I let out a laugh shaking my head up and down to say yes. "Don't laugh at me, Lotte. You know I still get nervous around you sometimes." He pouts trying to be serious, but eventually he fails and now we're both laughing and I can't help but kiss him. Bliss surrounds us as the kiss gets deeper before we mutually end it, taking a step back from each other.

"I don't think I'll ever get used to kissing you." Our foreheads meet as we smile at each other once we're done with the kiss. The rest of the night is spent with us getting ready for bed and cuddling. Eventually, we both end up falling asleep watching The Vampire Diaries with smiles on our faces.

~

Today was the day before the first day of All-Stars was supposed to start, Jack texted Quinn inviting him to have breakfast with us at a cute little cafe nearby. When we get there, Quinn is already waiting for us at the entrance. "Hey, man." Jack walks up to Quinn first and bro hugs him. They pull away from their bro hug and Quinn turns to me, "Hey Char." Giving Quinn a quick side hug, we end up going inside and taking a seat before our waitress comes over.