𝟐𝟐 | 𝐣𝐚𝐜𝐤

Yesterday after Lotte and I had filmed the video for her channel, she stayed the night. Earlier this morning we went to a cute place that'd opened recently, having breakfast. We'd decided to take a walk at a park not too far from here, to enjoy the fairly nice weather, despite it being mid-February. As we walk, our hands are linked together, looking around at all the people walking their pets, jogging, and just sitting at every few benches.

It's been a few days since we came back from Toronto and since the events at the bar. I'd told Lotte that she didn't have to tell me what'd happened until she wanted to. I've kept a close eye on her anytime we've been together or when I'm on the phone with her to make sure she's doing okay. She seems to be her usual self, but I won't be sure until I ask her. Communication is important to both of us and it's what keeps us strong.

We make small talk about the weather, getting interrupted when a golden retriever runs up to us and slightly starts jumping excitedly. "Hey boy, now where'd you come from?" Bending down towards the dog, I start scratching him behind the ears, Lotte not far behind. She checks his collar and finds out his name is Benji. "Benji, well aren't you the sweetest." He moves on to Lotte when he hears her voice and barks, wagging his tail rapidly.

"Beji. Benji. Oh my, I apologize for Benji. He gets excited when he sees new people." A couple is jogging up towards us, seemingly accustomed to Benji doing this often. "No worries, he's a sweet boy." Lotte and I pet him one last time before he goes back to the couple. Benji circles them before taking a seat next to the woman.

"Wait, you're Jack Hughes! I'm a huge fan, man! Can we get a picture?" I nod my head, before taking off my hat and brushing my hair back a little, before putting it back on and heading over to stand next to the man. Char volunteers to take the picture, and we all smile as she snaps a few pictures. Once she finishes, she hands the phone back to the man. "Thank you so much Jack, this has made my year."

"I'm glad man! We gotta get going, but thanks for the support. Have a great rest of your day!" Lotte and I wave goodbye and head to a little pond close by with a few benches surrounding it. Birds are chirping all around us and it all feels beyond peaceful. Charlotte and I still hand in hand, take a seat on one of the benches facing the ponds. We sat in silence, for a while before I decided to start the conversation that's been pending since we'd gotten back from Toronto. "Char, like I said before, you don't have to tell me if you don't want to, but what happened at the bar in Toronto?" My eyes are already looking over at her, waiting on her.

She turns her upper body to face me, and after taking a deep breath, she tells me everything. While she speaks I squeeze her hand, since she's almost uncomfortable talking about it. Since that night, I've apologized to Lotte for not going with her to the bathroom, at least to just wait for her in the hall. "Jack, you don't need to apologize. I told you I'd be fine to go alone, and there had been no reason to think I wouldn't be." Despite knowing that she didn't think that I needed to apologize, I felt the exact opposite. I should've insisted on going with her because it was a bar and you never know what kind of people you could come across. "Well now that I told you what happened, what happened after Quinn led me back to the table?" I had never told Charlotte what'd happened after Quinn got her away from there. She'd only seen the aftermath of the fistfight, but she never asked any questions. I explained to her what'd happened, but didn't go into too much detail.

Her eyes were slightly coated in worry, not liking that a fight had ensued that could've put me in harm's way. She engulfs me in a hug, whispering in my ear, "Thank you, but please don't ever do that again. I don't like that you got hurt because of me." I hug her back, planting a kiss on her head, before pulling away. "Char, if anything like that ever happens again, I would do what I did all over again." By now, we both lightly smile at each other before turning back to face the pond. Our hands meet in the middle, fingers intertwining. Her head falls onto my shoulder and I place my head against hers. "I love you." We both say, warmth filling my chest as I kiss her head once again.

~
𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞
hi! I'm back and here's a new update! It's not the best, but I found some motivation and I just wanted to get something out for you guys. If you have any ideas or anything you'd want to see, please feel free to let me know! If you haven't already or if you didn't know, I do have another story out right now called lavendar haze. It's a Nico Hischier fic, so if you're a Nico girly, like myself, or if you just want another story to read please go and check it out!

I hope y'all have a lovely day or night!

please stay safe, love y'all ♡