3

Chapter 3

"What?" Kingston asked shocked, he was confused on how'd she found out about him.

"Malik Davis.... the nigga that tried to murder me! You must know about that too!" Aaliyah screamed and turned to face him.

"Aaliyah please listen, when I first met you I had no idea. And-"

"So he sent you to kill me? So what, you were going to bring me to him so he could do the job himself? Your pussy ass couldn't do it yourself huh?" Aaliyah cut him off.

Kingston put his hand on his head and thought back to that night. How he froze up and couldn't do his job. He quickly snapped out of it and thought of a lie so Aaliyah wouldn't get more upset.

"No, I wasn't the one. I'm here to protect you that's all." He sighed.
"But in order for me to help, you gotta tell me what happened between you guys."

"And why should I trust you? How do I know you won't kill me? How do I know you won't bring me to Malik?" Aaliyah crossed her arms.

"If I wanted to do that I would've done it already. I know your mother is going through it right now and she needs you by her side. So i'm going to help you."

Aaliyah sighed and closed her eyes. She took a nice deep breath.

"Can we get some food and then i'll tell you?" Her stomach growled.

"Deal."

  ———

Kingston and Aaliyah were sitting across of each other in a booth in the far back of IHOP. No one was really around them.

Aaliyah took a bite of her chocolate chip pancakes and sighed. "I can't believe i'm telling you this..."

Her body got tense and hands got shaky, Kingston noticed and tried to calm her down, "It's okay! Just relax."

"Two years ago I was a stripper. I made a lot of money but I guess I was greedy and wanted more, so I got introduced to private parties. Basically powerful and rich men come together for parties, there's drink and drugs and of course girls."

"What's does this have to do with Malik?" Kingston cut her off and stirred his cup of coffee.

Aaliyah rolled her eyes, "If you let me finish, I'll tell you!"

"Anyway, at one of the parties, I met Malik and we kind of hit it off. So I started seeing him more and more at the parties. Basically, we started dating until he started getting weird...like he was my pimp. He wanted me to sleep with guys at the private parties I was doing for more money. I complained and told him no. Then he went all crazy and pulled a gun out on me." She paused.

"You good?" He looked at her in empathy and touched her soft hand. Aaliyah used her free hand to wipe away her tears.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm good" She sniffled and continued her story.

"It was really a turn off for me and I was terrified of him. At that point I moved in with him, so I packed my bags, stole money some from him, and left. After that I would get threats from him that he would kill me if I didn't bring back his money or come back to him."

"So this is all over money and a break up? Or is there something you're not telling me?" Kingston raised his eyebrows.

"I threaten to go to the police about him and expose everything about him. So I guess he got scared and wanted me dead. But this was months ago! I don't know what he wants now." Aaliyah sighed and held her forehead.