4

Chapter 4

Kingston opened the double doors to Malik's office. "You needed me?" He walked in and sat on a chair.

"There he is, my number one nigga! That's family right there." He laughed and poured himself and Kingston a drink.

"That's my nigga right there, always gets the job done." He told one of his goons. Malik passed the drink to Kingston.

"What's up with you today? You inna good mood and shit." Kingston took the drink and looked at him weird.

"Cheers!" Malik clinked the glasses with him. "Now I have a major job for you. I'm talking about millions, if we get this done." Malik threw his hands up trying to explain how big of a deal this was.

"I'm listening." Kingston took a sip of his drink.

"Meet one of the biggest drug dealers right now, Rico Manner." He slid a picture of him to Kingston, Rico had a fresh cut, caramel skin, a very nice looking man.

"Now he recently caught a charge, it was undercover cop who had been with him for months, acting like a goon, and arrested him. He knows information, the stash houses, blah blah blah. Now the good part, he needs that cop dead by tomorrow night and he's paying big money for it."

"I don't know man, a cop is real hard. You know damn well them niggas gon' be tearing the world apart bout' that cop." Kingston gulped, he was terrified of getting caught or slipping up again. He already knew he had to be careful with Aaliyah, now killing a cop?

"That's exactly why Dionne is gonna help you. She'll play as the bait and you go in for the kill. Perfect plan!"

Malik laughed, "I'm such a fucking genius. That motherfucker ain't gon' know what hit him. He thinking he gonna get some pussy then BOOM BOOM BOOM."

Kingston sat his drink on the desk. "I don't know about this. If we get caught we'd be in serious trouble."

"You ain't got no choice, keep your head in the game and you won't get caught. You used to be ready for anything and now you're slacking? You over here questioning me?" Malik looked at Kingston suspiciously.

"I'll get the fucking job done i'm just being cautious alright? Shit, I ain't know it was illegal to worry about my safety." Kingston got up from the chair. "You call me about the details, i'm out."

He walked out the office and into the hallway. Dionne caught up to Kingston.

"King, we didn't have a chance to talk.."

"Yeah my bad, I was busy."

"Maybe we'll have a chance soon, have you heard we're on the job together?"

"Yeah, Malik just told me. Look D, I really gotta go but i'll catch you later."

"Yeah of course, See you around." She awkwardly laughed.

Kingston walked to the exit of the building. Dionne sighed, she wondered when he was going to forgive her for that mistake she made. Deep down, she was still in love with him, it didn't matter if she cheated or not to her. What mattered was she felt like she was losing her mind without him.

She thought of the job as an opportunity to rekindle things with Kingston.

                          ———

"What the hell...so this is what's been happening? Is this a joke?" Zyla tried to take in what Aaliyah had told her.

"Lemme get this straight, Malik.. is a fucking hit man and he sent somebody to kill you? Now somebody who works for him is trying to help you?" She looked at Aaliyah confused.